Author Topic: Ninja Vs Pirates! B2B II [Shin and town wins!]  (Read 36902 times)

Offline alexbutterfield

• Frequent Poster
  • Wins with Town
Re: Ninja Vs Pirates! B2B II [Day 10, 3 to lynch]
« Reply #705 on: March 02, 2009, 09:50:26 PM »
Either I'm really stupid or you are just wrong.

We only had no kill last night! (night 9)

http://skepchick.org/skepticsguide/index.php/topic,16455.msg403090.html#msg403090

I only jailkeep'd you last night. which is consistent with the game.

Whereas your bs claim that you saved the kill on both previous nights doesnt make sense.

Busted.

Offline Casper

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #706 on: March 03, 2009, 02:56:11 AM »

http://skepchick.org/skepticsguide/index.php/topic,16455.msg403090.html#msg403090

Whereas your bs claim that you saved the kill on both previous nights doesnt make sense.

Busted.

Night 9 and 10 had no kills
Vote stays

Offline alexbutterfield

• Frequent Poster
  • Wins with Town
« Reply #707 on: March 03, 2009, 04:45:47 AM »
OK. I figured it out. It was night 8 and 9 that had no kills. not 9 and 10. I missed it when I was skimming back because there was no picture. and it doesnt say on the first page that its day 10 (meaning it only lists one night of no kills)

Hmm. I didn't target anyone night 8.

So that means for some reason mafia's kill failed.

Casper if you have any power that saved yourself or me or shin or karyn on night 8.
or
Shin if you have a power that did that...

you should probably come out and say so. power claims dont add votes, and adding a vote makes no difference - so we dont get the lynch today... so what? nobody will die tonight because I can roleblock TF, meaning he cant kill you two. He could kill me, but then you'd know it was him, so he'd lose.

I wonder what would happen if we vote for a no lynch and I didn't use my power?
If TF killed me, you'd kill him and it's game over.
If TF killed Shin, Casper would just have to choose who to trust
If TF killed Casper, Shin would just have to choose who to trust
Or TF doesnt kill and we have groundhog day
haha - fun choice for TF there. He could kill Shin because she trusts me. But that would look too obvious, so he could kill Casper to make Shin think I'd killed the one going against me.

That wouldn't work out. If it goes to a no lynch, I'm role blocking TF. and the next day he'll just say he protected one of you, there's no proof either way.

Get it over with Casper, come on. If TF wins by making that desperate counter claim then that's just sad.

For god's sake, I started the bandwagon on Wastrel and TF didnt vote for him! Like I'd kill off my last partner in crime. that alone is plenty enough to convict TF

Offline alexbutterfield

• Frequent Poster
  • Wins with Town
« Reply #708 on: March 03, 2009, 04:55:31 AM »
I've thought of a foolproof test.  :D

1.Tai Fung chooses who he is going to protect and he writes that name down in a secure place (I'll get to this)

2.we vote for a no lynch

3.I roleblock TF, there is no kill (and we lynch him - but I'm getting ahead of the plan)

4.in the morning you will be able to see either:

a.noone is dead so you lynch TF
b.one of you is dead, meaning the killer hit his target. we then open the name that TF sealed and of course it'd have to be the other one of you because he's claiming doctor.

(I suppose he could accuse me of deliberately not killing someone so that i would cast doubt on him and therefore we'd be back where we are now)

forget it. thats the loophole in the plan.

casper just vote or my posts are gonna keep going and you'll have to read all this drivel for ever.

(at least I dont have to figure out how to do a post-dated message online. I know its possible, someone was telling me about in the past when we were masoned.)

Offline Tai Fung

• Frequent Poster
    • Everybody Tai Fung Tonight!
« Reply #709 on: March 03, 2009, 06:25:14 AM »

Busted.

Umm, LOL -- FAIL!   :P
Atheism should be about "Science and Social Justice" the same way Math should be about "Numbers and Fashion."

Offline alexbutterfield

• Frequent Poster
  • Wins with Town
« Reply #710 on: March 03, 2009, 01:09:11 PM »
Hey - we were both wrong  ;)

and dont give me that - you know you are scum - and you know you're hanging by a thread.

(and you know I'm not, and that I'm about to be hanging by a rope)

Offline Casper

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #711 on: March 03, 2009, 07:08:43 PM »
I don't have any power. Your story doesn't match. Either you got completely confused over your own actions or it's all bs... I'm guessing the second...

vote stays

Offline alexbutterfield

• Frequent Poster
  • Wins with Town
« Reply #712 on: March 03, 2009, 07:44:24 PM »
Whatever.

I don't want to throw in the towel and vote for myself, but I don't see the point in continuing to try. I don't get how it isn't obvious to you that TF is scum.

I HAVE STARTED BANDWAGONS ON SCUM - TF didn't even vote in the last one!

Shin - put me out of my misery.

(well played TF)

btw. I am a bit confused about my night actions. I dont know where the setting to save messages in my outbox is so I am going on memory which as we all know...

I'll give Shin time to cast the lynching vote on me but if it comes to it, I'm going to lynch myself before we have a no lynch. (I'm not starting a groundhog day by blocking TF every night and failing to talk Casper around)

What is the deadline for this day Anach?

Offline Tai Fung

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #713 on: March 03, 2009, 08:17:35 PM »
Either vote for yourself, or don't.  But just saying that you will, someday, maybe do it?  Frankly, that's just showmanship.  So in that sense, well played yourself, it's really your only remaining angle after the faux pas of your accusation.   8)

Look at it this way -- maybe when this game ends, we can all (finally!) be able to restart the Mole.   ;D
Atheism should be about "Science and Social Justice" the same way Math should be about "Numbers and Fashion."

Offline alexbutterfield

• Frequent Poster
  • Wins with Town
« Reply #714 on: March 03, 2009, 08:42:32 PM »
unfortunately the only way I have of showing you people is to kill myself.

and i'll do it before the next night, if shin hasnt first, or casper hasnt come to his senses. It's not showmanship - but why am telling you that? you know.

Offline Shin Hatsubai

• You need to chill out.
  • Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #715 on: March 03, 2009, 11:37:18 PM »
Look at it this way -- maybe when this game ends, we can all (finally!) be able to restart the Mole.   ;D

LOL - Yeah unfortunately Hubbub won't be able to run that until at least this summer...

I dunno, at this point I still don't want to vote for alex.  The two nights without a kill is odd of course, but I just don't see it.  If alex really is mafia, then I am going to feel really stupid, because it just seems to me like he's not.  I was also sketched out by Tai Fung's comment that he is only active in a game if he knows the theme or if he's mafia :P

Offline Tai Fung

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #716 on: March 04, 2009, 03:40:11 AM »
Shin -- to be to fair to me on that point, I stated that way back when the game was barely moving (except for Morvis and Alex, who mostly just accused each other of being scum).  Morvis obviously turned out ok.  ;)   We're clearly at a point where the game can end now.

Alex does believe it to be be me, and I'm obviously convinced it's Alex.  At this point, I think the slip up he made should cut in my favor, even taking the plausibility of the various pirate claims out.

But for the record -- if it turns out to be you or Casper, and there's something else at work I haven't thought of, then I bow at your collective feet for getting us to throw poo at each other like monkeys.     :P

Offline alexbutterfield

• Frequent Poster
  • Wins with Town
« Reply #717 on: March 04, 2009, 12:28:31 PM »
But for the record -- if it turns out to be you or Casper, and there's something else at work I haven't thought of, then I bow at your collective feet for getting us to throw poo at each other like monkeys.     :P

haha - very good. that's just what I keep thinking... what if...? You've done well to put yourself in the mindset of town, but I'm not buying it. There have have been 2 votes on each of us for long enough. If Shin or Casper are the scum then I'm not bowing down - i'm asking why they hell they didnt pile on and win the game.

therefore.... I know its you.

oh, casper.  :(

Offline Tai Fung

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #718 on: March 04, 2009, 04:25:08 PM »

And I say again (as I've pointed out over and over) -- this was an incorrect claim, and certainly not one you could easily forgotten if it had been true.

Moreover, Casper and I have each called you out on it.  I don't know how much more plain I can be about it for Shin, but if you're going to plead for Casper to come around, then I'm going to ask Shin to come around with me and Casper.  Hell, even if she discounted both you and I as cancelling each other out, you've got an impartial player (Casper) who sees this as a done deal.

Offline alexbutterfield

• Frequent Poster
  • Wins with Town
« Reply #719 on: March 04, 2009, 07:38:20 PM »
touché

It is obvious to casper and shin that they are both good guys. It just remains for one of them to change their mind about us.

You come back to an argument you are exagerating. I have no explanation for night 8s no kill. But why should I?

On the other hand I've lead lynches against scum. You didn't even vote against wastrel.  You shouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Shin doesn't have to switch her vote because I'll lynch myself before the day is out and shin can have the conselation of being right. Casper on the other hand is attributing disproportianate suspicion to both of our actions.

personate-rain