Author Topic: 2009 Psychic Predictions  (Read 1642 times)

Offline Skeptress

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Arrested for voting.
2009 Psychic Predictions
« on: December 24, 2008, 11:59:59 AM »
Make three psychic predictions for 2009.  At least one must invovle a specific date.  At least one must invovle a specific named person.  No editing of posts.  Put all your predictions in one post and then leave it alone.  Editited posts will be null and void.  I will buy a t-shirt for the winner.  Points will be awarded for accuracy and the detail of the prediction.

For example.  An old lady will die February 3.  Will probably not score more than 1 point.  But an earthquake magnitude 5.5 will strike the southwest US on February 3 would score a maximum of 100.

Have fun and don't forget the dead pool thread as well.

PS since I'm posting this kind of late I'll give a deadline of Jan 5 for predictions to be in but predictions must also be past that date.   :-*

"The America I loved still exists at the front desks of our public libraries."  -Kurt Vonnegut

Formerly known as funda62.

Offline astrostu

• Well Established
Re: 2009 Psychic Predictions
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 02:10:56 PM »
(1) On January 7, February 3, March 3, March 30, April 26, June 20, July 17, August 14, September 10, and November 3, the great reflective orb in the heavens will cover parts of the dipper for several hours.

(2) Despite a lot of pressure from certain groups, Barack Obama will not do any UFO disclosure once he becomes president, perpetuating the conspiracy.

(3) Assuming the Large Hadron Collider actually becomes operational, there will be a significant earthquake that will cause damage when it does.  And within 2 weeks, there will be at least a magnitude 6 earthquake.

Offline Mark7300

• The Happy Bunny
  • Frequent Poster
  • Other people are the problem.
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 02:34:18 PM »
1) A major hurricane hits Miami full on.

2) Dick Cheney dies of a heart attack

3) Scientists discover convincing evidence that male ejaculate does indeed make a woman's skin glow with health.
I'm a Pareidoliaologist.

Offline Morvis13

• Big Ol' Goober
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • Natural Source of Paranoia
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 03:58:17 PM »
I posted these in another topic but they will work here as well.

1) I predict the year will start off with a Tuesday and despite what happens will end on a Thursday.

2) the summer solstice on June 21th at exactly 05:48

3) July the 4th will fall Right after the 3rd and before the 5th.
Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
Morvis' Law: Anything that does go wrong is my fault.

Offline Skeptress

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Arrested for voting.
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2008, 04:43:58 PM »
1) A major hurricane hits Miami full on.

3) Scientists discover convincing evidence that male ejaculate does indeed make a woman's skin glow with health.

You didn't use a specific date for any!   :o
"The America I loved still exists at the front desks of our public libraries."  -Kurt Vonnegut

Offline Skeptress

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Arrested for voting.
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2008, 04:44:52 PM »
I posted these in another topic but they will work here as well.

1) I predict the year will start off with a Tuesday and despite what happens will end on a Thursday.

2) the summer solstice on June 21th at exactly 05:48

3) July the 4th will fall Right after the 3rd and before the 5th.

Sorry you score a 3 as these are common knowledge and NOT actual psychic predictions.   :P

Offline David E.

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Contentedly Misanthropic.
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2008, 04:59:29 PM »
I choose to not use my powers for such a petty gift as a T-shirt.

People are so used to criticizing religion in whispers, that a normal voice, sounds like a shout.

Offline Mark7300

• The Happy Bunny
  • Frequent Poster
  • Other people are the problem.
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2008, 05:12:41 PM »
Sorry...

1) A major hurricane hits Miami full on the day after August 12th.

[/quote]
I'm a Pareidoliaologist.

Offline Jim S

• I demand that you shoot me now!
  • Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2008, 05:18:31 PM »
1) I predict I will win the T-shirt.   ;D

2) There will be arrests made by federal authorities over a planned attempt to assassinate president Obama.  Details of this will be made public sometime from March through May. 

3) Russia will carry out military action against another of it's neighbors.  This will occur sometime from June through October.

OK, since #1 is a given, I'll give another prediction:

4) A massive typhoon or series of storms, combined with a huge economic downturn (more significant than we're seeing now), will lead to the deaths of at least 150,000 people in China, though they will claim a number much lower.
A bit of dumb, On a flea, On the wing, On the fly, On the frog, On the bump, On the log, In the hole, In the middle of the sea of awesome.

Offline David E.

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Contentedly Misanthropic.
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2008, 05:53:28 PM »

2) There will be arrests made by federal authorities over a planned attempt to assassinate president Obama.  Details of this will be made public sometime from March through May. 

3) Russia will carry out military action against another of it's neighbors.  This will occur sometime from June through October.

4) A massive typhoon or series of storms, combined with a huge economic downturn (more significant than we're seeing now), will lead to the deaths of at least 150,000 people in China, though they will claim a number much lower.

I predict JimS will bring everyone down between now and then...and He Will NOT win the shirt.
People are so used to criticizing religion in whispers, that a normal voice, sounds like a shout.

Offline Jim S

• I demand that you shoot me now!
  • Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2008, 06:06:07 PM »

I predict JimS will bring everyone down between now and then...and He Will NOT win the shirt.

:D
I should have predicted that I will kill a record number of threads.    But hey, I'm just going with the flow.  What good is a prediction if it doesn't cause some amount of fear or worry? 
A bit of dumb, On a flea, On the wing, On the fly, On the frog, On the bump, On the log, In the hole, In the middle of the sea of awesome.

Offline astrostu

• Well Established
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2008, 09:07:14 PM »
Hmmm ...

Horoscope for Taurus - you need to learn to read everything before you reply.

... I was reading through other replies on this thread and thoroughly confused about this t-shirt business.  Then I actually read the first post in its entirety.  ;)

Offline Skeptress

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Arrested for voting.
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2008, 10:47:21 PM »
Hmmm ...

Horoscope for Taurus - you need to learn to read everything before you reply.

... I was reading through other replies on this thread and thoroughly confused about this t-shirt business.  Then I actually read the first post in its entirety.  ;)

It is all about the t-shirt baby!   :D

Offline Zytheran

• Frequent Poster
    • The old Skeptics SA website
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2008, 01:07:58 AM »
1 On March 11th there will be a terrorist attack on the LHC using automatic weapons and explosives. It will be traced to a religous cult based in Switzerland concerned over science experiments seen as extreme. In their headquarters will be found translated copies of the Unabombers manifesto with links to other groups around the world.

2 By July 4th large areas of California and many thousands of houses will be devastated by out of control wildfires due to a record breaking hot summer (hottest June on record). On this day a large red and white firefighting aircraft will crash into a ridgetop residential area killing 11 people.

3 On September 29th a nuclear detonation will be detected in Iran at a research facility thought by some to be conducting weapons reseach. Iran will claim that the facility was only involved in (illegal) enrichment processes however downwind sampling will show that a small yield nuclear event occured. Although the USA will be accused of involvement President Clinton will deny this.

(If any of these come close I'd like my t-shirt 2 sizes larger to cover some rapidly purchased body armour.)

Offline Morvis13

• Big Ol' Goober
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • Natural Source of Paranoia
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2008, 10:37:38 PM »
1) Ireland will see the world in a whole new light.

2) The world will celebrate a major milestone in late July (is that signifigant date?) Lets say the 20th.

3) Three planets will align late in the year and main stream media will fail to mention it.
Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
Morvis' Law: Anything that does go wrong is my fault.

personate-rain