Author Topic: Butters' Very Own Episode - CleveDan  (Read 4016 times)

Offline IRON MAN

• Well Established
    • http://www.freethought-forum.com/forum/member.php?u=1292
Butters' Very Own Episode - CleveDan
« on: March 12, 2007, 11:42:03 PM »
I took an instant liking to this guy for no apparent reason.

Maybe it's that he doesn't like Kent Hovind very much, but still has a sense of humour about it.  Maybe we are kindred spirits or some bullshitty-pseudo-hippie thing like that.

Although I don't recall ever meeting anyone from Ohio, or noticing anything in particular about people from Ohio, in his pics he really looks to me like someone from Ohio.  :? Weird.

At any rate, what prompted me to write this thread was the fact that he just posted on the Eric Hovind is coming to my university thread, and had actually checked into the purported qualifications of Eric Hovind, like I somehow knew that he would.  I suspect that no Hovind is safe with this guy on the case.

So what's the deal Dan?  Why do you love Kent Hovind so much?  And tell us more about your apparent obsession with Guinness.
i]I suck at archaic languages.  I don't understand Latin et al.[/i]

Offline subparwelder

• Off to a Start
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 01:12:56 AM »
I'll second the coolness of CleveDan

Little known facts about Dan I've managed to glean from stalking him:

1. he used to make the welding machines that allow me to weld so subparly.

2. he is not responsible for setting the Cuyahoga river on fire.  (though his signature on the Treaty of Greenville is somewhat troublesome)

3. he is not one of the seventy-five presidents from Ohio,  you know the ones i'm talking about  after lincoln, but before television.
anish me from Eden when you will, but first let me eat of the tree of Knowledge. -- Robert Ingersol

Offline CleveDan

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 01:58:58 AM »
i saw my name in a subject on the boards and i thought i was in trouble :oops:

I took an instant liking to this guy for no apparent reason.

I'll take that as a compliment :D

I've lived in Ohio all of my life... Mentor, Ohio for about 98% of that time. Just after high school I worked in a factory for a few years and I now own a cleaning company. We perform janitorial, carpet cleaning, tile waxing etc around cleveland and construction clean up on "big box" stores all over the eastern US(mostly new wal mart super centers) I live with my girlfriend and two kids

my favorite topics are Creation/ID/Hovind, scientology, Mormons and psychics. With Hovind I think what gets to me is that he co-opts science and its terms. stephen colbert might say he's got sciencyness

I live 2-3 miles from the Mormon Kirtland Temple

I will add a little more on the above topics later

Guinness: If a place pours it right I will buy it and i love it but, i am just as likely to drink a bud lite or something similar. my avatar has just as much to do with the fact that those happened to be some pics i had laying around and could turn into a GIF as anything else. I am sure i will have a few this saturday:)

I think Ohio people are pretty well know for being middle of the road..kind of a cross between US midwesterners and easterners....Cleveland and Columbus anyway Cincinnati has a bit more southern feel
"The argument is absurd almost beyond description – but not quite, so I will describe the absurdity" --Dr. Steve Novella
"I was a little confused as to why it was relevant for Miller to give us all a lesson in evolutionary biology" --Casey Luskin.....An AssHat of some note

Offline CleveDan

• Seasoned Contributor
treaty of greenville
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 02:12:52 AM »
treaty of greenville....huh...just did some research on it...I learn something new everyday. its 2am I've done learned meself for the day. thanks welder
"The argument is absurd almost beyond description – but not quite, so I will describe the absurdity" --Dr. Steve Novella
"I was a little confused as to why it was relevant for Miller to give us all a lesson in evolutionary biology" --Casey Luskin.....An AssHat of some note

Offline Neutral Milk

• Forum Historian
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Physics makes us all its bitches.
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 03:20:26 AM »
I really like the Guiness avatar.. it inspired my Okocim avatar.

personate-rain