Author Topic: Podcast #45  (Read 38551 times)

Offline JD

• Seasoned Contributor
Podcast #45
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2006, 11:16:25 AM »
It should be no suprise that living in a fantasy land, manipulating your view of the universe around you into something more comforting, would lower your levels of stress.
roblem with the forum?  email me: leykial *at* yahoo *dot* com
Turn on, tune in, drop out, and shut the hell up, hippie.
"I'm a pretty good researcher ." - Neal Adams

Offline Thakkus

• Keeps Priorities Straight
Podcast #45
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2006, 12:13:27 PM »
Quote from: "JD"
It should be no suprise that living in a fantasy land, manipulating your view of the universe around you into something more comforting, would lower your levels of stress.

I say it's a perspective issue.  Our bible says all things will work for the ultimate good.  Love others as you love yourself.  Judge not, or you will be judged.  This takes some pressure off.  We have somewhere to lean when tragedy hits.  A source to consult.  

It would seem to me that atheism offers the ultimate sense of loneliness.  Which would, I agree, raise your stress levels.
ou're a fanstastic audience.  Thank you ladies and gentlemen.  Thank you very much.

Offline JD

• Seasoned Contributor
Podcast #45
« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2006, 01:21:18 PM »
See, now you're talking about the bible specifically, and the bible says a lot of things.  In fact, any purpose you may have, there's a verse in there that'll translate it.  Dinosaurs=jesus horses.

And since when do atheists have no friends and family?  In fact, it's nice to console in them, since they answer.
roblem with the forum?  email me: leykial *at* yahoo *dot* com
Turn on, tune in, drop out, and shut the hell up, hippie.
"I'm a pretty good researcher ." - Neal Adams

Offline Thakkus

• Keeps Priorities Straight
Podcast #45
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2006, 08:46:38 PM »
Like I said, it's a matter of perspective.  I don't often appeal to personal experience, but I wouldn't trade my life of faith with my life of nonfaith.  Millions of religious people devote their lives to helping others.  I realize atheists can do the same.
ou're a fanstastic audience.  Thank you ladies and gentlemen.  Thank you very much.

personate-rain