Author Topic: alt med and web archives  (Read 2478 times)

Offline wallet55

• Keeps Priorities Straight
  • 3 feet under the Salmon River
alt med and web archives
« on: March 15, 2007, 08:04:48 PM »
I was listening to an NPR podcast about a web page cemetery of defunct government commissions and organizations web pages. Fairly nerdy stuff but a near throw away line caught my skeptic attention: they mentioned that a web page detailing testimony about alternative medicine got a complaint from someone who testified at the group who was upset that their testimony was showing up there in searches.

no other clues to what they were talking about. anyone have any clues?
Humankind cannot stand very much reality.   T. S. Eliot

Offline Paul Ganssle

• Objective Hitler
  • Frequent Poster
alt med and web archives
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 08:06:33 PM »
Yeah, I remember that too.  Thanks for reminding me, I was going to look that up.  Who was it that maintains it?  University of North Carolina or something?
quot;if you looat the world and think there is a God nothin make sense but if you see it fro a naturalistivc perspectiove all the shti goin on is exactly what youd expect-"  -The Always Eloquent Richard Dawkins

Offline wallet55

• Keeps Priorities Straight
  • 3 feet under the Salmon River
University of North Texas Library (Denton?)
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 08:42:55 PM »
Quote from: "Paul Ganssle"
Yeah, I remember that too.  Thanks for reminding me, I was going to look that up.  Who was it that maintains it?  University of North Carolina or something?

no...i went back and listened again, University of North Texas Library in Denton...where ever that is

the story is in the NPR Technology for Wed. March 14 podcast. The second story
Humankind cannot stand very much reality.   T. S. Eliot

personate-rain
personate-rain