Author Topic: Stupidity Tracker  (Read 8422 times)

Offline Jay

• SGU Panel Member
  • Keeps Priorities Straight
Stupidity Tracker
« on: March 16, 2007, 10:04:15 AM »
I found this site today, it was one of the advertisements on the SGU Google ads.  It's pretty funny.
http://www.stupiditytracker.com/
I don't believe it. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. - Ford Prefect  "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Offline sketchy

• Frequent Poster
  • just sketchy
    • Sketchy's Kitchen
Stupidity Tracker
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 10:24:34 AM »
I like this website :D

Offline Winick88

• Well Established
Stupidity Tracker
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 10:29:25 PM »
That poor woman is smaller than a cheeseburger!  :cry:
The human understanding is like a false mirror, which, receiving rays irregularly, distorts and discolors the nature of things by mingling its own nature with it. ~Francis Bacon

Offline IRON MAN

• Well Established
    • http://www.freethought-forum.com/forum/member.php?u=1292
Stupidity Tracker
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 04:11:47 AM »

http://www.stupiditytracker.com/2007/03/26/dont-hire-this-man-as-your-lawyer/

To:  stupiditytracker@gmail.com

Hey just wanted to drop you a line to tell you how much we love your site at the SGU Board, and also wondered if you noticed the distinct resemblance of that lawyer guy to John Lithgow hopped-up on angel dust.

IRON MAN
Australia

http://www.skepchick.org/skepticsguide/viewtopic.php?t=1842
i]I suck at archaic languages.  I don't understand Latin et al.[/i]

Offline Mike

• Frequent Poster
    • SGUFans.net
Stupidity Tracker
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 05:42:55 AM »
Holy crap.  That guy looks like his head's about to explode.
"We're just so damn exciting." - Dr. Steven Novella, MD

Offline stickman

• Stopped Going Outside
Stupidity Tracker
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 05:53:48 AM »
Don't mean to ruin the fun, but this guy looks like he's got a case of thyroid eye disease.
  Among other things, it can cause the whites of the eyes to become visible all the way around the pupil which, as seen above, can make someone look scarily insane.  
  A friend of mine used to have it.  Contrary to what you might think, it is, apparently, a real pain in the ass when everybody you meet suspects you're a dangerous maniac.  
  Who knew?
The best debates are the ones in which I'm proven wrong.  Then I've learned something.

Offline Neutral Milk

• Forum Historian
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Physics makes us all its bitches.
Stupidity Tracker
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 06:06:41 AM »
Quote from: "stickman"
Don't mean to ruin the fun, but this guy looks like he's got a case of thyroid eye disease.
  Among other things, it can cause the whites of the eyes to become visible all the way around the pupil which, as seen above, can make someone look scarily insane.  
  A friend of mine used to have it.  Contrary to what you might think, it is, apparently, a real pain in the ass when everybody you meet suspects you're a dangerous maniac.  
  Who knew?

If you can´t laugh at Thyroid Eye Disease then what can you laugh at?

Offline stickman

• Stopped Going Outside
Stupidity Tracker
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 06:15:44 AM »
Quote from: "Neutral Milk"

If you can´t laugh at Thyroid Eye Disease then what can you laugh at?

Hunchbacks.
The best debates are the ones in which I'm proven wrong.  Then I've learned something.

Offline Jay

• SGU Panel Member
Stupidity Tracker
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 10:09:41 AM »
Imagine what the bad pictures from that photo shoot looked like!
I don't believe it. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. - Ford Prefect  "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Offline IRON MAN

• Well Established
    • http://www.freethought-forum.com/forum/member.php?u=1292
Stupidity Tracker
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2007, 11:37:13 AM »
Quote from: "stickman"

Son of a bitch!  Pain in the arse is an understatement.  

Don't ask me how I've never heard of this one before.  I make it my business to know about such things.

I tend to pay minimal attention to body language, and I listen to what people are saying rather than how they say it, so I am particularly well-suited to interacting with people who have disorders that cause social difficulties.  I was often sought out by certain customers when I worked in retail, because I was just about the only salesman on the floor that could ignore the disability and talk to the human being.

Still, if I were that guy I might try to tilt the odds in my favour and take the photo from a more advantageous angle, photoshop it a tad, or exclude it altogether.  But hey, if he wants to tackle that social difficulty head-on, I'm not going to say he shouldn't either.

IRON MAN's Tips for interacting with people with distracting disorders:

1.  If a person's eyes point in different directions, ascertain which eye is the "correct" one and focus your attention exclusively on that.  

2.  If a person has a speech impediment, don't try to bullshit your way through and pretend you understood them if you didn't.  Ask them to repeat themselves and keep doing so putting the sentence together piece by piece if necessary.  Just be patient and just accept that it's going to take a bit longer than your average conversation.  Don't just put them in the "too hard" basket and try to weasel out of talking to them altogether.

3.  Don't pay attention to body language if a person has any kind of spasticity.  You will get a message that conflicts with what they are verbalising - just listen to what they are saying.

4.  Learn the specifics of all the common medical conditions you can.

5.  Don't pussyfoot around their condition, ask them straight out about it if it comes up in conversation.  At least then they know you're not afraid of it, completely ignorant of it, or have some stupid misconception about it, (eg. Because they are spastic, they must be retarded too).

6.  If you are talking to a person in a wheelchair or who is a lower eye-level for any reason and you can find half an excuse to talk to them at the same eye-level, (like sitting down yourself, or bending down to demonstrate something), do it.

7.  Don't patronise, pity or otherwise talk down to these people.  If they could swap problems with you, they'd probably prefer to stay in their wheelchair instead of having your financial problems, relationship problems and/or being as ugly as you are.  So don't flatter yourself.

Just remember that at the end of the day you are nothing but a couple of monkeys with a different set of problems.  Dance monkey, dance.
i]I suck at archaic languages.  I don't understand Latin et al.[/i]

Offline Jay

• SGU Panel Member
Stupidity Tracker
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2007, 12:07:13 PM »
Does that condition prevent the people from smiling?  He looks like he's got one on deck...you know what I mean? :x

Offline Neutral Milk

• Forum Historian
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Physics makes us all its bitches.
Stupidity Tracker
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2007, 04:45:56 PM »
I think the Stupidity Tracker guy just joined the message board!

I figured it out cause someone just joined the board with the name "StupidityTracker"

I'm a crack detective.

Offline Chris Lamb

• Seasoned Contributor
Stupidity Tracker
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2007, 05:53:47 PM »
img]http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/4591/darwinsig2pl8.jpg[/img]

Offline moneyman1490

• Seasoned Contributor
Stupidity Tracker
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2007, 12:13:30 AM »
Son of a bitch!

THIS is why they made that fsmdamned movie.....

Pyramid scheme.  I thought that the people from "The Secret" were just crazy, but they're now heading towards sylvialand for evil, maniacal, unethical, crazy horseshit peddling.
kidoo, in response to CapeRoadie's threat of Libel
Quote from: "skidoo"
Your documented evasiveness and dishonesty leads me to no other conclusion: You're a dangerous quack. How's that for a retraction?

Put up or shut up!!!

Offline StupidityTracker

• Brand New
Stupidity Tracker
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2007, 12:29:45 PM »
Hi folks. Glad you like the site. Some of you might know me as JLam from the Randi forums. Keep reading, and I'll keep posting. :)