Author Topic: I'm not going to be popular saying this but  (Read 6088 times)

Offline Beleth

• Administrator Emeritus
  • Too Much Spare Time
Re: I'm not going to be popular saying this but
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2009, 01:18:14 PM »
Seriously, guys, if you want to make sure the Panel reads your suggestions, you have to post them in one of the four "Suggestions for..." stickies above, or to send it to them directly via their "Contact Us" Web page.
I expect to pass through this world but once;
any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now;
let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.
-- Stephan Grellet

Offline Benx6444

• Frequent Poster
  • Shameless Tory Sympathizer
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2009, 01:41:53 PM »
I think SGU is starting to lose it a bit. I have loved the show, looked forward to it every week but lately it seems the show should be called the incredibly in-depth scientific guide to the universe not the skeptics guide. When SGU debunks something they are brilliant but sometimes I feel like the pod cast gets so detailed with science or a particular scientific discovery that it is no longer a skeptical podcast. I want to hear more debunking, more interviews, what about a debate with a skeptic and a creationist/alternative health advocate etc. Also where is Rebecca lately ? Her input gave the podcast sass also she is brilliant at calling BS BS. I know it is a voluntary commitment on behalf of the SGU team but I feel something special was created and it's started to lose it's way. Perhaps Jenny's show will be good fodder for SGU, what about a campaign to get a skeptic on Oprah ? that would be like climbing Mt Everest ! Anyway I will keep listening but I just didn't want to see the podcast wimper out without saying something.

I couldn't disagree with you more. Recently, they've been constantly debunking vaccine denialist woo and I love the Science Stories. And less of Rebecca is a good thing.
"Oh wow... you heil your fuhrer with that mouth?"
- Teethering

"I just asked my cat, and she agrees with me.
We appear to be at a bit of an impasse."
-Black Magic

"Math is hard - guess i'd better martyr myself"
-Jihad Barbie, aka Pandamonium

"Clean your room.......Slowly."
-FX

Offline gone

• Well Established
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2009, 10:00:55 PM »
Well i've been saying they really need a new memebr for a while now but as for the quality of the show, it picks up when there is big skeptical news and wanes when there isn't.  That is just the nature of the show.