Author Topic: Bosnian Pyramid  (Read 3289 times)

Offline penanggalen

• Brand New
Bosnian Pyramid
« on: March 28, 2007, 01:40:53 PM »
I was just listening to a back episode with the Bosnian Pyramid thing.  An important point... this hill they're looking at has a triangular base whereas everybody knows that pyramids have SQUARE BASES!!!  Everybody knows that.  It's even defined that way in the dictionary.  How did the media miss something so obvious?

Offline Dave The Drummer

• Seasoned Contributor
  • The Antithesis
    • Dave The Drummer
Bosnian Pyramid
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 01:48:26 PM »
Because they choose to.
You don't sell many more papers with headlines like :

"Nothing mysterious was built in Bosnia !"

Or,

"Archaeologists demonstrate that a non-archaeologist knows nothing about archaeology !"
Reaching out to embrace the random, reaching out to embrace whatever may come.

Offline jday

• Well Established
Re: Bosnian Pyramid
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 02:30:05 PM »
Quote from: "penanggalen"
I was just listening to a back episode with the Bosnian Pyramid thing.  An important point... this hill they're looking at has a triangular base whereas everybody knows that pyramids have SQUARE BASES!!!  Everybody knows that.  It's even defined that way in the dictionary.  How did the media miss something so obvious?

It's not defined that way in Wikipedia.
sum ergo cogito

Offline jason

• Frequent Poster
Re: Bosnian Pyramid
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 05:36:00 PM »
Quote from: "jday"
Quote from: "penanggalen"

It's not defined that way in Wikipedia.

While a pyramid typically has a four-sided base, presumably there's no reason why it couldn't be three-sided. It would certainly meet the dictionary definition of a pyramid (polygonal base).

Of course, the fact that only four-sided pyramids tend to turn up in ancient architecture (Egypt and Mesoamerica) should have made them a little suspicious (along with all the other red flags the story should have been raising in their non-critical minds).  :roll:
quot;Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." - Philip K. Dick
"Scientific skepticism: the buck stops at reality."

Offline sbahl

• Off to a Start
    • http://www.fixd.com
Bosnian Pyramid
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 06:00:03 PM »
I hate to come urinate on your campfire, but does it really make that big of a difference how many sides it has? If it was a giant sphere created by ancient people, we might stop calling it a pyramid, but it doesn't change the fact that ancient people were able to build some sort of interstellar navigational device in Boznia.
verything happens for a reason.

Offline moneyman1490

• Seasoned Contributor
Bosnian Pyramid
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 07:16:33 PM »
Quote from: "sbahl"
I hate to come urinate on your campfire, but does it really make that big of a difference how many sides it has? If it was a giant sphere created by ancient people, we might stop calling it a pyramid, but it doesn't change the fact that ancient people were able to build some sort of interstellar navigational device in Boznia.

Sbahl, I think you have things a little confused.  Pyramids are for interstellar travel, and spheres are for interdimensional travel :wink: .

Happy to clear things up.
kidoo, in response to CapeRoadie's threat of Libel
Quote from: "skidoo"
Your documented evasiveness and dishonesty leads me to no other conclusion: You're a dangerous quack. How's that for a retraction?

Put up or shut up!!!

Offline Opcn

• Frequent Poster
  • Home of the Reef Tank.
    • facebook
Bosnian Pyramid
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2007, 09:05:16 PM »

You see the thing about the Bosnian Pyramid is that it wasn't made by ancient people, or aliens, its a natural formation with real ruins on top of it that he is destroying in order to glorify his own name, its like an Archaeological Piltdown Man.

Offline SkepThickHeaded

• Stopped Going Outside
Bosnian Pyramid
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2007, 09:11:28 PM »
Quote from: "moneyman1490"
Pyramids are for interstellar travel, and spheres are for interdimensional travel

The fact that you think there is a difference makes me sad for you.  You've got to open your mind man, there's a whole universe out there  :wink:
"When push comes to shove, you've got to do what you love...even if it's not a good idea"  Hermes Conrad

Offline gweathers

• Not Enough Spare Time
    • http://lifeburns.com
Bosnian Pyramid
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2007, 11:29:24 PM »
why are they digging up ET's grave? Poor ET now they will find out the movie wasn't just a movie but a documentary. The little known fact is that he came back him and his brother miciaifosa. They landed on michael jackson's car and miciafosa being a shapeshifter took his form but couldn't completey because he was squished. Now the man you know as michael jackson is actually ET's brother. ET soon died of bird flu upon returning to earth and his brother buried their spaceship under some dirt and made it look like an ancient pyramidesque thing. and thats the real story  :wink:

:roll:  :roll:  :roll:
quot;To be rational is to look the universe in the face and not flinch." - Anon~
"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God

Offline teambanzai

• Not Enough Spare Time
    • http://home.earthlink.net/~teambanzai/
Bosnian Pyramid
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2007, 02:53:03 PM »
Quote from: "Opcn"

You see the thing about the Bosnian Pyramid is that it wasn't made by ancient people, or aliens, its a natural formation with real ruins on top of it that he is destroying in order to glorify his own name, its like an Archaeological Piltdown Man.

I'm glad someone pointed that out.

Oh and I hate to piss on your fire ring but spheres can be used for interstellar travel, if you'll check the historical records as shown in the Joe Dante film Explorers they clearly used a sphere to encapsulate the tilt-a-whirl ship so that they might travel through space.  

Thank you and I'm going to go kill my self now for exposing just how much of a dork I am.
P

"I drank what?!?"
Socrates

Offline sbahl

• Off to a Start
    • http://www.fixd.com
Bosnian Pyramid
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2007, 03:05:18 PM »
So we're supposed to not uncover the pristine pyramid because someone dumped their trash on it a few thousand years ago?
verything happens for a reason.

Offline SkepThickHeaded

• Stopped Going Outside
Bosnian Pyramid
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2007, 04:07:24 PM »
So we're supposed to not uncover the pristine pyramid because someone dumped their trash on it a few thousand years ago?

No, we should absolutely dig up thousand year old twinkie wrappers, coffee grounds and John Tesh CD's...but it should be done by professional archaeologists who know what they're doing, not by True Believers of questionable mental stability who wouldn't know an archaeological treasure from a chunk of petrified elk shit.
"When push comes to shove, you've got to do what you love...even if it's not a good idea"  Hermes Conrad

personate-rain
personate-rain