Author Topic: Episode # 201  (Read 8443 times)

Offline GodSlayer

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
Re: Episode # 201
« Reply #75 on: June 05, 2009, 12:12:24 PM »
I was thinking more along the lines of something fun. It could be a source of funny meaningless statistics to report back on the next show.

'welcome to episode #251. A new study suggests 54% of forum-using listeners would like Rebecca to do the podcast in her underwear, ...even though they're aware we're an audio-only show. A further 36% don't care, just so long as she actually puts something on for once'.
Quote from: Thomas Carlyle
In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Offline Trinoc

• Frequent Poster
  • Dumb, in a pocket, and proud of it.
« Reply #76 on: June 05, 2009, 12:45:11 PM »
I see that Phil Plait has taken heed of Randi's caution only ever to say that 'all we can say based on this is that on this day, in this way, she couldn't demonstrate she had skeptical powers',

Freud would be proud ... :)
I'm a skeptic. Not a "skepdude". Not a "man skeptic". Just a skeptic.

Offline seaotter

• Drunkenly yelling LITTLE WING!
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • My homunculus is a grammar troll!
« Reply #77 on: June 05, 2009, 12:48:20 PM »
I was thinking more along the lines of something fun. It could be a source of funny meaningless statistics to report back on the next show.

'welcome to episode #251. A new study suggests 54% of forum-using listeners would like Rebecca to do the podcast in her underwear, ...even though they're aware we're an audio-only show. A further 36% don't care, just so long as she actually puts something on for once'.

I would be interested to see if Novella could be a little more clever.
"There is no use trying," said Alice; "one can't believe impossible things." Lewis Carroll

Offline GodSlayer

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #78 on: June 05, 2009, 03:38:50 PM »

I would be interested to see if Novella could be a little more clever.

bah, he'd just say something about birds!
Quote from: Thomas Carlyle
In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.