Author Topic: Righteous Indignation Podcast  (Read 10283 times)

Offline DK

• Dave, my mind is going.
  • Too Much Spare Time
    • My Blog: Self-Indulgent Navel Gazing
Re: Righteous Indignation Podcast
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2010, 07:41:08 AM »
New episode up, which has an email from someone who has been known to frequent these parts.  ;D

Seriously, I heard Marsh's prediction in the morning, then that very afternoon, I had a chance to earn some cash. Spooky!

Offline mindme

• Reef Tank Owner
    • http://www.yrad.com/cs
"Because the world needs more Mark Crislip."

Conspiracy Skeptic Podcast
Korean Podcast
Michael Goudeau, Vegas Comedy Entertainer Available for Trade Shows

Offline Chew

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Juror #8
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2012, 03:28:53 PM »
The Righteous Indignation Podcast has come to the end. There is not a sad smiley big enough to convey my sadness.

http://www.talkaboutstrange.co.uk/all-good-things-must-come-to-an-end/
"3 out of 2 Americans do not understand statistics." -Mark Crislip

Offline DK

• Dave, my mind is going.
  • Too Much Spare Time
    • My Blog: Self-Indulgent Navel Gazing
« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2012, 04:05:33 PM »
This is a damn shame. I always enjoyed listening to the RI podcast, especially the fact that they managed to get people from both sides of the argument. Always fun listening to the 'believers'.

Small consolation is that Marsh is still doing Skeptics with a K and I hope Hayley and Trystan don't vanish from the podcasting world.

Offline Chew

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Juror #8
« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2012, 07:18:37 PM »
People who ask for more True Believer interviews on the SGU will enjoy RI. It took me 4 days to get through that homeopathic doctor interview. He was so full of bullshit.

Hayley's stories of when she was a believer were always enlightening and hilarious. She better get on another podcast! Maybe the SGU?

Offline JuniorSpaceman

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2012, 08:57:16 PM »
The live psychic reading was one of the most painful yet fascinating things I've ever heard, and actually mirrored quite well the reading I had done, where I did not give any direct information to the cold reader.

Hayley seems to have a few projects in the making - her blog is always worth a read: Hayley Is A Ghost

Offline mindme

• Reef Tank Owner
    • http://www.yrad.com/cs
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2012, 01:44:47 PM »
People who ask for more True Believer interviews on the SGU will enjoy RI. It took me 4 days to get through that homeopathic doctor interview. He was so full of bullshit.

Hayley's stories of when she was a believer were always enlightening and hilarious. She better get on another podcast! Maybe the SGU?

Ditto. RI was one of the few skeptical podcasts that got the true believers. Their strategy was always to be unfailingly polite, non confrontational, but ask questions in such a way that they hang themselves by their own words.
"Because the world needs more Mark Crislip."

Conspiracy Skeptic Podcast
Korean Podcast
Michael Goudeau, Vegas Comedy Entertainer Available for Trade Shows

Offline Chew

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Juror #8
« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2012, 07:47:30 PM »
Hey, Hayley is making podcasts on her own. She has 10 episodes up so far; they were all posted today. http://hayleyisaghost.co.uk/category/podcast-2/page/3/

Offline Caffiene

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2012, 08:26:39 PM »
Hey, Hayley is making podcasts on her own. She has 10 episodes up so far; they were all posted today. http://hayleyisaghost.co.uk/category/podcast-2/page/3/

What the...

The last 6 months for them have been a mess.
RI went on a break / was finished, then something happened to the website to do with a falling out with someone, then Hayley was doing her Talk About Strange podcast, then RI came back and the Talk About Strange website started being just a mirror of RI, then RI ended again... and now Hayley has re-posted Talk About Strange to her personal website, except the Talk About Strange website is still showing the RI stuff.

Im confused.
[Lurk Mode Disengage]

Offline Hayley

• Brand New
    • Hayley is a Ghost
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2012, 04:12:49 AM »
That's just me putting random episodes somewhere. I'm currently not doing anything with them which is why they're not linked to via my website anywhere.

The last six months haven't been a 'mess', we've all been quite busy with other projects which have taken up the time we'd normally have put into podcasting. As a result the podcast didn't run as regularly as it normally did. There was also an issue with the website that got resolved when I built a new one out of the Talk About Strange site that wasn't being used.

I had been recording Talk About Strange (aka Ghost Field Guide) for some time before the RI website went down so I'm not sure what has confused you.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 04:20:24 AM by Hayley »

Offline Caffiene

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2012, 04:55:22 AM »
I mean a mess in terms of organisation and communication of the podcasts, from the point of view of a user trying to keep up with whats going on with them.

For example, I had Talk About Strange bookmarked to keep an eye on if you put new episodes of that out. It switched over to being an RI website (not redirecting, but mirroring the content?) and I couldnt find anything to mention what had happened to Talk About Strange. Even as of now Im not sure if you are still making TAS, if it had been merged with RI, if it was put on hold while RI was sorted out, or what? Or when RI ended recently, there is nothing in the RI RSS feed about it - if it hadnt been posted here I would have kept checking the RSS every now and then with no idea it had stopped.

Things have been appearing and disappearing a lot and been hard to keep track of.
[Lurk Mode Disengage]

Offline Hayley

• Brand New
    • Hayley is a Ghost
« Reply #71 on: May 16, 2012, 07:32:19 AM »
Sorry you feel that way.

When the original RI website went down for reasons beyond my control I had to do the best I could with limited resources without much time to spare to doing so. I realise it meant that some listeners weren't kept informed of what was happening but that's why we have a website, twitter account and FB group.