Author Topic: post the latest podcast on time  (Read 6387 times)

Offline seaotter

• Drunkenly yelling LITTLE WING!
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • My homunculus is a grammar troll!
Re: post the latest podcast on time
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2009, 11:59:40 AM »
What's the difference? You're still going to wait 1 week between each podcast. Like all good things time is irrelevant to enjoy a SGU podcast. I mean, you get an hour + of a show that is better than anything on the radio from people that do it for free.

Have you ever listened to the old episodes? You can still enjoy them talk about stuff that's years old... is it really that much of a deal to hear them talk about stuff that's 3 days old?

It is still amazing to me that this is true. The best programing on the air is coming in the form of pod-casts.
"There is no use trying," said Alice; "one can't believe impossible things." Lewis Carroll

Offline Steven Novella

• SGU Panel Member
  • Well Established
    • http://www.theskepticsguide.org
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2009, 04:55:43 PM »
We record typically on Wed, and I post Saturday at noon Eastern time - give or take an hour for post production time.

This week was two hours late because I was in Vegas and forgot the time zone difference (Ack!)

The reason I give the date the show is recorded is because if a news story evolves over the next couple of days it will be clear what information we had at the time we recorded.

And yes - pre-TAM was anomalous because we had to pre-record shows. This week's show (posting on Sat 18th) will be the live show we recorded at TAM.
Steven Novella
Host, The Skeptics Guide
snovella@theness.com

Offline Infinite Fish

• Off to a Start
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2009, 11:49:52 AM »
We record typically on Wed, and I post Saturday at noon Eastern time - give or take an hour for post production time.

This week was two hours late because I was in Vegas in a bath tub full of tequila and forgot the time zone difference (Ack!)

The reason I give the date the show is recorded is because if a news story evolves over the next couple of days it will be clear what information we had at the time we recorded.

And yes - pre-TAM was anomalous because we had to pre-record shows. This week's show (posting on Sat 18th) will be the live show we recorded at TAM.

I corrected your post Steve. You're welcome.

Offline Ubermoogle

• Rape Apologist
  • Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2009, 04:23:04 PM »
It's those darned tubes.

They recorded it on Wednesday and it didn't get out there until Saturday! And again, the Internet is not something that you just dump something on. It's not a big truck. It's a series of tubes!

personate-rain