Author Topic: Former MTV VJ - Adam Curry - Conspiracy Crackpot  (Read 5969 times)

Offline Dirty J. Martini

• Well Established
  • I'm Pro-Accordian and I Vote!
Re: Former MTV VJ - Adam Curry - Conspiracy Crackpot
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2009, 12:37:36 AM »
i thought i was the only skeptic who listined to NA. also i talked to brain brushwood and asked him if leo was and atheist or a skeptic and he said kinda but it would not work with his "brand" to talk about it or piss people off "he is uncle leo" I was going to ask him about adam curry and dvorak but he got a phone call.

LaPorte may be an atheist (I think he's Jewish) but a skeptic he certainly is not. Just listen to his podcast anytime an Apple product launches.

LOL So true. He's such an Apple fan boy.

I've not heard any of these podcasts, but I only know John C Dvorak from his Apple-bashing rants back in the day. He was constantly predicting the demise of Apple for literally decades, even long after they became profitable again. So maybe they balance each other out?

Offline Rider

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2009, 12:51:51 AM »
i thought i was the only skeptic who listined to NA. also i talked to brain brushwood and asked him if leo was and atheist or a skeptic and he said kinda but it would not work with his "brand" to talk about it or piss people off "he is uncle leo" I was going to ask him about adam curry and dvorak but he got a phone call.

LaPorte may be an atheist (I think he's Jewish) but a skeptic he certainly is not. Just listen to his podcast anytime an Apple product launches.

I've not heard any of these podcasts, but I only know John C Dvorak from his Apple-bashing rants back in the day. He was constantly predicting the demise of Apple for literally decades, even long after they became profitable again. So maybe they balance each other out?

Dvorak tends to balance out the tech community in general, he is the rational voice to the geeks over exuberance.  I've been a fan of his for going on 15 years ever since I saw him bash Pointcast back when everyone was talking about how it was going to change the world.
"The biofield is the master energy field that regulates the body’s functions and informs the body to relax."

Offline Citizen Skeptic

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Vote for Jill Stein.
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2009, 07:46:00 PM »

Dvorak tends to balance out the tech community in general, he is the rational voice to the geeks over exuberance.  I've been a fan of his for going on 15 years ever since I saw him bash Pointcast back when everyone was talking about how it was going to change the world.

That's true. I also get a chuckle out of Paul Thurot who has to be the worst Windows advocate / cheerleader / evangelist in the world. With friends like that, who needs enemies?
Stay thirsty for knowledge my friends.
--The most interesting man in the world

Offline daredevil1

• Brand New
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2018, 09:30:32 PM »
Yes it's true.  Former MTV VJ (host of such shows as Headbanger's Ball and Top 20 Countdown) and podcasting pioneer, Adam Curry, is a conspiracy theorist whackjob.  He now hosts a podcast available on iTunes called "No Agenda" with co-host John C. Dvorak, a well established tech journalist.  I've been listening to the show for a few weeks now and each episode has been filled with "alternate" theories on everything from swine flu, flight 447, vaccines and autism, and even....get ready for this....Michael Jackson's death.  It almost comical how paranoid Adam Curry is but it's also pretty scary as he apparently has a fairly large audience.

Not so crazy now, is he?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/paris-jackson-michael-jackson-was-murdered-dead-singer-daughter-popstar-a7544946.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/michael-jackson-murder-dead-paris-jacobshagen-a7722876.html