Author Topic: Another anti-vaccine article linked on Drudge...can SGU reply?  (Read 3424 times)

Offline blueskies

• Brand New
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1206807/Swine-flu-jab-link-killer-nerve-disease-Leaked-letter-reveals-concern-neurologists-25-deaths-America.html

This is going to influence many, many people.  95% of comments enthusiastically support the anti-vaccine slant.  My comment critizing a few points was not posted.

What would be the proper response of the government health agencies and the responsible medical community.  Do the anti-vaccination crowd have the upper hand in this particular battle?

Offline Mark7300

• The Happy Bunny
  • Frequent Poster
  • Other people are the problem.
Re: Another anti-vaccine article linked on Drudge...can SGU reply?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 05:11:25 PM »
It's Drudge. You can spend 24 hours a day debunking the crap they put up. You don't need the SGU, you need a nuclear weapon!
I'm a Pareidoliaologist.

Offline pandamonium

• Skeptical Beer Inspector
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • they/them
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 09:28:01 PM »
It's Drudge. You can spend 24 hours a day debunking the crap they put up. You don't need the SGU, you need a nuclear weapon!

Or a nuclear skeptic.
I am become destroyer of biology.

Offline Paperclip.

• Not Enough Spare Time
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 11:49:56 PM »
These people make me want to throw up they make me that angry.  Just who the hell do they think they are?  I honestly don't care if they are so stupid as to ignore the advice of professionals and make believe that they know better.  I couldn't care less, but when people who don't have the critical thinking ability or are just stupid decide that they won't get immunised either because of things being spread around I just want to throw my laptop through the window.  I spent hours posting on some anti vaccine website thinking that if I used a polite tone my comments should be posted, that was pretty naive of me.  They know its all trash why else would they with hold my comments (any any others of the same position)?  What do they stand to gain?  And F#@K YOU Jenny McCarthy
"...apparently the rest of you do not, or you are not yet sufficiently well educated to realize that authority, the authority of a reputation or the authority of a printed page, means very little. All of you should hope to someday develop as much insight and persistence as Mr. Alford."

Hardy Cross

Offline Paperclip.

• Not Enough Spare Time
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 01:04:36 AM »
"Hello Jenny, perhaps you would like to tell us where you went to med school?"

"Well I started a Nursing degree at Southern Illinois University Carbondale.  But I quickly realised I needed money to help pay for study so I quit and became a Playboy model instead."

"So you didn't finish university and have no recognised degree that is in anyway related to modern medicine?"

"Of course my breasts are real!"

"Pardon?"

"Alright, I had breast a enlargement.  I was the pioneering patient for a revolutionary new technique,  the surgeon removed unused brain tissue and put it to better use by implanting it into my chest." 

"...Right, but just so we all are clear, you have no medical training that would qualify you to give medical advice to the public."

"No sir, I believe it is you who doesn't have a medical degree.  Why should I have to have a medical degree if you don't?  You are a hypotenuse!"

"You mean hypocrite?"

"What are you talking about, I never said it was the mercury".

"It says right here, 'I'm Jenny Macarthy and its the Mercury'."

"I used to be a Playboy model, and I think that if I am smart enough to take off my clothes I am more than qualified to inform the public on the dangers of Mars."

"You mean Mercury?"

"That's right, Playboy playmate of the year 1994."

« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 03:41:06 AM by Paperclip. »
"...apparently the rest of you do not, or you are not yet sufficiently well educated to realize that authority, the authority of a reputation or the authority of a printed page, means very little. All of you should hope to someday develop as much insight and persistence as Mr. Alford."

Hardy Cross

Offline Skepdad

• Well Established
  • Inagodadavida, baby.
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 01:24:39 AM »
Is that all yours or did you steal it?

Offline Paperclip.

• Not Enough Spare Time
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 01:31:36 AM »
It's mine, unfortunately I didn't have to try that hard to be creative.  I can imagine her being just that dumb.

Hardy Cross

Offline Skepdad

• Well Established
  • Inagodadavida, baby.
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 07:00:21 AM »
It's mine, unfortunately I didn't have to try that hard to be creative.  I can imagine her being just that dumb.

It must suck to be in your head. :)

Very amusing ... can I borrow it?

EDIT: The text not your head.

Offline Paperclip.

• Not Enough Spare Time
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2009, 07:45:20 AM »
Ha, go ahead but if anyone tells you that it's lame, I'll deny everything.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 07:47:29 AM by Paperclip. »

Hardy Cross

personate-rain