Author Topic: Post your favorite recipies here.  (Read 61360 times)

Offline spiney

• Reef Tank Owner
Re: Post your favorite recipies here.
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2009, 10:51:28 AM »
Soup. you can quickly make a real soup - using a liquidiser - from almost anything

http://www.seedsofhealth.co.uk/articles/joys_of_stock.shtml

Offline Karyn

• Forum Sexologist
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • currently recuiting for my lesbian cabal.
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2009, 11:57:23 AM »
Super easy avocado soup.  Good served cold in the summer:
So what else is there to do with a small bin of guacamole? Easy! Combine it with 3/4 cup water, 1/4 cup half and half (or therebouts), and a cube of chicken bouillon. I added some pepper to mine, and cooked it for about 10 minutes to make sure it was heated all the way through. Yum! I also added the last bits of shredded Mexican cheese blend I keep around the house. This recipe contains around 625 calories with the cheese, but that's probably a lot less than most cream soups, and makes a decent meal in itself.

Super tasty cheese stuffed chicken
Here in Kansas City, we have a guy that makes this Mediterranean cheese. It's Yummy brand Lebaneh (http://www.yummys.us/lebaneh.html). I recommend getting this cheese if you are in the area. If not you can't get a hold of Yummy's food, I am sorry. It's really damn tasty. Mix equal parts goat cheese with cream cheese and a small amount of crushed English walnut and various Italian herbs, top off with Olive oil. It'll be close enough. I looked up Lebaneh for a recipe, but apparently actual Lebaneh is just Greek yogurt and salt cultured into a cheese.

Boneless Skinless chicken Breasts
Lebaneh or substitute
fresh basil leaves
salt and pepper
bread crumbs
toothpicks or silicon rubber bands (http://www.4thegrill.com/hak785.html)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees and prepare a baking dish just barely large enough to hold your rolled up chickens with aluminum foil. Spray the aluminum foil with pam or some other anti-stick agent
Pound out the chicken breast as thin as you can get it. Line the inside of the breast with the basil leaves and slather on the cheese substance about a centimeter thick. Starting with the tiny end of the chicken breast, roll the chicken as tight as you can get without squishing out the cheese. Depending on the chicken breast, you may have to secure with toothpicks or a silicon band. Lightly salt and pepper the outside, then cover in breadcrumbs. They won't make a thick crust, but that's the way I like it. You can experiment with the crust to make it more to your liking. Carefully place the chicken breasts seam side down in the pan, packed tightly. You can spray the top of the chicken with PAM or toss on a pat of butter on each breast. Some of the cheese filling will boil out of the breast, but you an sop it up when you dish it out on your plate. I don't pretend that my cooking is pretty. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes. This goes great with spinach, asparagus or steamed broccoli.

Offline Karyn

• Forum Sexologist
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2009, 11:58:57 AM »
Veggie snack:
I usually make this as a snack, but it is also good as a side. Servings are for 1 person.

Simple Gourmet Vegges
1 cup Caulifower or baby carrots, or mix of.
1 tsp honey
1 tsp olive oil
curry powder

Set oven to broil on high. chop veggies into approx 1/2 inch pieces, toss in a bowl with the olive oil and mix to coat. Add the honey and curry powder to taste. Cover a cookie sheet in foil, toss on the veggies in a single layer and put in the oven. It doesn't matter if the broiler is on full yet. Cook until the tips start turning black, abou 8 minutes If you want to add some heat, just use cayenne pepper.

Similar potato version
1 cup potatoes, cut into small cubes
1 tsp olive oil
curry powder
salt

basically the same method, except put the oven on 450 and bake it. If you are using sweet potatoes, you might ass just a tiny bit of sugar. Depending on the size of cube, it may take 20-30 minutes for this to brown up.

Both of these items are low in calories, and quite filling. Plus,you can put them back into the bowl you mixed them in to eat, and the rest of clean up is simple.

Simple Salsa:
6-8 Roma Tomatoes
1/2 Cup Red Onion
1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro
1 Jalapeno
2 Cloves Garlic
1 Tbsp Cumin
1 Tsp Black Pepper
1 Tsp Ancho Chile Powder
1 Small Lime, zested and juiced
1 Medium Chipotle Pepper
Salt to taste
Cayenne to heat

Toss everything except the chipotle pepper in the blender. Toast the pepper over a flame or in an oven until it starts smoking. You will want to get it mostly toasted. Cut off the top and put the rest in the blender with everything else. Pulse until well mixed. Enjoy!

This recipe goes well with Tostito's Scoops, where you can pile on the salsa. It makes about 4 cups of Salsa, with the entire recipe being only 273 calories.

Offline Skulker

• Mafia Pimp
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • I survived both forum crashes of 2014!
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2009, 12:16:40 PM »
I'm not much of a cook. Just dropping an anchor to watch this thread and drool  ;D
The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.
- Larry Hardiman

Offline Nacreous

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2009, 02:06:21 PM »
Broiled Fish Parmesan:

This one is super easy and delicious.  The most important thing is to be sure the fish is very fresh.

Take some nice, boneless fillets of light meat fish and spread both sides with softened butter--use a lot.

Sprinkle both sides of the fillets with salt, fresh ground pepper and dill weed.  Don't leave out the dill weed; it's crucial.

Place the fillets in a broiling pan that has been greased with butter.

Slice a lemon as thinly as you can and place the slices over the fillets.

Sprinkle enough grated Parmesan over each fillet to cover it completely.

Broil fillets until the Parmesan cheese starts to turn golden brown.  NO TOO LONG!  Overcooked fish is no good.  Check it with a fork: it's done as soon as the flesh is white all the way through.

Serve with garlic bread and good wine and whatever side dish you like.  Your guests will think you're a master chef.
"The future has been here for awhile; it's just not available to everyone."
-some guy at MIT

Offline Evil Eye

• THINK!
    • http://www.evileyemonster.com
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2009, 02:25:33 PM »
1. The Daddy Cone

What you'll need: Vanilla and chocolate ice cream,
different colored sugar sprinkles (you can also use
candy sprinkles), regular flat bottomed cone-cups,
chocolate & caramel syrup.

That sounds like alot, but here's how to make it.

Just barely fill the bottom of the cone with chocolate
syrup (just to the little ridges at the bottom).

Then cover that with a spoonful of vanilla, then
sprinkles, then caramel, then chocolate ice cream,
then syrup,/sprinkles and so on until you have built
it up to a regular looking cone.

THEN... use a wet straw to bore a hole through the
middle of the entire thing, and fill the hole with
chocolate syrup, and cover the top with syrup and
sprinkles.

EVERY bite reveals a new flavor!

You can even do this with Neapolitan ice-cream, and
substitute strawberry syrup instead of caramel.

You can also add layers of chopped nuts, and/or those
tiny marshmallows.
"We'll get that information to you later" - Richard Feynman to Mr. Rodgers.

Offline Chew

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Juror #8
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2009, 03:23:26 PM »
I threw this together once when I was too lazy to go shopping and still make it occasionally.

Hobo Scampi

Preheat oven to 400 F

1 small can of tuna, drained, lid removed
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 garlic clove, minced
bread crumbs
mix butter, garlic, and enough bread crumbs to make a thin paste.
Spread over tuna in can.
Bake until topping is browned.
"3 out of 2 Americans do not understand statistics." -Mark Crislip

Offline seaotter

• Drunkenly yelling LITTLE WING!
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • My homunculus is a grammar troll!
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2009, 05:46:52 PM »
http://sguforums.com/index.php/topic,17448.0.html

Mine had a freaking poll.

Cheese Straws

1 pound sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 pound butter
2 cups of all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon red pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt

Really need a good mixer. Grate cheese and mix with butter until it's smooth. Add the salt and pepper. Gradually add the flour until you have a smooth dough. I use a cookie press with the wide wafer die to make a long ribbon on a silpat or a greased cookie sheet. Salt sprinkle and cook in the oven at 350 for about 15 minutes depending on how thin you straw is. When you have a good sizzle and color of the bottom is starting to go brown your good. I cut mine with a pizza cutter into 1 inch wafers, but I just made a batch of the more traditional straws which cook for more like 10 minutes.

In our family this means Christmas.

"There is no use trying," said Alice; "one can't believe impossible things." Lewis Carroll

Offline Sordid

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2009, 06:02:33 PM »
Fried Cheese Burger
Like a regular cheeseburger, only with more cheese. Which is fried.
This one I discovered in a tiny fast food in Liberec. It was little more than a small window onto the street, into which you'd put your money and out of which a hand would subsequently stick with your order. You could have your usual burgers and cheeseburgers, which I frankly find rather bland. You could also have one of these in a bun, which is even worse. But what I've never seen anywhere else, you could have a combo of meat and fried cheese, and it's delicious.

Offline Karyn

• Forum Sexologist
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2009, 08:06:40 PM »
I threw this together once when I was too lazy to go shopping and still make it occasionally.

Hobo Scampi

Preheat oven to 400 F

1 garlic clove, minced
bread crumbs
Spread over tuna in can.

I love this kind of stuff.  Gourmet-like that you can make with things you generally have laying around, and this uses a small bowl and a spoon.  Perfect.

Offline Chew

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Juror #8
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2009, 08:17:20 PM »

Hobo Scampi

Preheat oven to 400 F

1 garlic clove, minced
bread crumbs
Spread over tuna in can.

I love this kind of stuff.  Gourmet-like that you can make with things you generally have laying around, and this uses a small bowl and a spoon.  Perfect.

Spoon?
"3 out of 2 Americans do not understand statistics." -Mark Crislip

Offline Skulker

• Mafia Pimp
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • I survived both forum crashes of 2014!
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2009, 08:22:07 PM »

Hobo Scampi

Preheat oven to 400 F

1 garlic clove, minced
bread crumbs
Spread over tuna in can.

Spoon?
At that rate I guess you could substitute a can of Friskies if you were out of tuna then  ;D
The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.
- Larry Hardiman

Offline David "Stubb" Oswald

• Ass. Professor of Agronomy
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • Lived, perspicacious, philosophic wisdom.
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2009, 09:14:42 PM »
Is antelope meat easy to come by where you live? I don’t think I’ve ever seen it (unless it was attached to an antelope that was still alive) but then again, I’ve only ever lived in Australia or the UK, not exactly prime antelope territory.

They are all over the western U.S., but you have to hunt them to get the meat.

There are some online mail order places that sell it, but I think it would be very expensive.
If you read a book and it changes your life, you are fucked. -Seth Romatelli

Offline Bobethy

• Off to a Start
  • Pretty awesome right?
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2009, 09:29:06 PM »
Chicken Parmesan
Ingredients:

* 4 boneless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
    * 1 egg
    * 1/2 cup milk
    * seasoned bread crumbs
    * 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
    * 8 slices mozzarella cheese, or more
    * 1 jar (16 oz) spaghetti sauce
    * Parmesan cheese

Preparation:
Whisk together the egg and milk. Dip the chicken breasts in milk and egg mixture and then in bread crumbs. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the chicken in the hot oil on both sides until golden, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Set chicken in a baking dish.

Slice 8 pieces of mozzarella cheese and put two on each chicken breast. Pour 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce over all. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and a little more mozzarella and bake at 350° for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until bubbly. Serve with spaghetti, garlic bread and a nice green salad.

and as a personal note, this goes incredibly well with a nice cold beer. the flavors compliment each other.

Offline SnarlPatrick

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2009, 06:36:19 PM »
The Best Smoothy

1 Banana
Frozen Strawberries
1-2 tablespoons of key lime pie yogurt.

Blend.

Delicious.
Quote from: materialist_girl
SnarlPatrick, you are a nazi apologist piece of shit. You're a coward who hides behind the internet   ....   and I can only imagine it's a good thing your Jewish ancestors are dead so they don't have to watch you grow into the bigoted nazi creep you've become.

personate-rain
personate-rain