Author Topic: Post your favorite recipies here.  (Read 62711 times)

Offline eaglevintage

• Off to a Start
Re: Post your favorite recipies here.
« Reply #270 on: August 22, 2016, 08:17:34 AM »
I make a mean pizza. 

Dough is based on the Lehman dough formula- http://www.pizzamaking.com/dough_calculator.html

I have mine down to memory, but yours may vary.  153g water, 10g yeast, 300g flour (must be appropriate flour for pizza dough), 5g salt.  Mixed in kitchenaid mixer until lump-like.  Hand kneaded, let to rise for at least 8 hours. 

Stretch the dough, add sauce, which is whatever you like... mine is:

1 28oz can of 6-in-1 crushed tomatoes, salt, pepper, dry basil and oregano, crushed red pepper, generous amount of garlic, simmered down to appreciable thickness.

top with sliced fresh mozz, and whatever toppings you want.  Bake on a pizza stone as high as your oven can go until it's done... the cheese will start to turn  a bit brown for example, kind of an experience thing.

It's intimidating at first, but it's not tough once you get the hang of it.

hmmmm pizza..yummi... ;D ;D ;D

Offline eaglevintage

• Off to a Start
« Reply #271 on: September 08, 2016, 02:01:47 AM »
I like this one..

Rendang is a dish which originated food from the Minangkabau West Sumatra - Indonesia. Rendang most delicious food in the world. In this post, I will discuss how to make beef rendang.

Ingredients :

1 pound beef round, diced
    2 tablespoons cooking oil
    3/4 cup dried shrimp, minced
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1 tablespoon chopped lemon grass
    2 onions, chopped
    1 3/4 cups coconut milk
    1/2 cup red curry paste, or to taste
    3 tablespoons turmeric powder
    1 fresh red chile pepper, finely chopped
    1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped

Instructions How To Make Rendang

This first step is to soften the beef. Place the beef in a medium saucepan, and add enough water to cover the meat. Cover, and simmer over low heat for at least an hour. Remove the beef from water, and set aside.
Heat the oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add in the garlic and dried shrimp, and stir fry for a few seconds before stirring in the lemon grass and onions. Reduce heat to medium, and stir in coconut milk, red curry paste, turmeric, and chile pepper. Mix in the beef, and cover the wok. Simmer for 10 minutes over medium heat. Stir in the cilantro just before serving. Save some cilantro for garnishing on top if you like.

source : http://yuyocatequista.blogspot.co.id/2013/03/how-to-make-rendang.html

Offline stonesean

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Dumb sailor on the Sea of Awesome
« Reply #272 on: September 08, 2016, 10:24:24 AM »
I like this one..

Rendang is a dish which originated food from the Minangkabau West Sumatra - Indonesia. Rendang most delicious food in the world. In this post, I will discuss how to make beef rendang.

LOVE Rendang.  Actually, haven't really had any Indonesian food I didn't like.

Dried shrimp is a powerful ingredient that I didn't know about till I took some cooking classes.  Takes just about any Asian dish to an entirely new place.
Well.  There it is.

Offline Simon Jester

• Well Established
« Reply #273 on: September 10, 2016, 11:36:22 PM »
Mofongo

Green Plantains (I like mine a little sweeter so I pick them with a few yellow spots)
Extra Virgin Olive oil
Fresh Garlic
chicharrones (Pork cracklings or skins)(fresh if you can get them)
course salt
Oil for deep frying (bonus if you use lard but any oil will do)
Mortar and pestle

Cut the plantains into 1 inch chunks and toss them in a deep fat fryer on medium high heat. While they are cooking smash some garlic cloves and salt together with the Mortar and pestle. Add olive oil slowly till it forms a thick sauce. Remove the garlic sauce to a separate container but don't clean the mortar. Pull the plantains from the fryer when they are golden brown, make sure to keep them hot. Smash everything together with the Mortar and pestle in small layers, a few plantain pieces, a few chicharrones, some garlic sauce, smash, repeat till you have a full mortar  The Mofongo should be the consistency of thick mashed potatoes. Dump it on on a plate so it keeps its form and eat, yum. You could omit all the pork fat and they are still delicious.  I only recently discovered this dish from Puerto Rico. You can dip it in some chicken broth or eat it plain as a side dish. I also make a shrimp with red sauce that you dump over top of the Mofongo which is my favorite way to eat it. Please forgive me anyone from Puerto Rico I cant remember what its called but a friend from there claims I nailed the dish. I have a bad habit of cooking things I cant pronounce. Ill post that with its proper name another day, im not sure why I felt like posting this one.  >:D
“Don't explain computers to laymen. Simpler to explain sex to a virgin.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress

personate-rain