Author Topic: Volunteers Needed 2009-2010  (Read 13719 times)

Offline alvinraj

• Brand New
Re: Volunteers Needed 2009-2010
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2009, 12:44:20 PM »
Hi Jay,

Would love to help! Currently working on my PhD so I lack time, but I can commit to ~ 3 hours a week.

Have not done many web apps or designing, and have no flash experience whatsoever.

Have lots of image processing / computational photography experience (my research area is in computer and human vision).  (here's a project I had worked on recently: GelSight )

(sample of) skillset: {Java, C/C++, minimal JSP/ASP/PHP + SQL,  Matlab,  Modeling (not swimsuity) / Inferencey / Probabilisticy / Statisticaly / Mathy stuffs, Texture Analysis & Synthesis, Illusions, Human perception of visual stimuli}

let me know if I can help!

~ Alvin

Offline jdeberge

• Brand New
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2009, 01:44:47 PM »
I'm a long time listener who'd really like to help out.  I'm a graphic designer with a lot of experience in photoshop and illustrator.

Here's my on line portfolio...

and some SGU fanart I did of Steve fighting Bigfoot.

Please e-mail me if you'd like my help!

Offline wesleysabney

• Brand New
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2009, 05:24:37 PM »
I'll bite,

I'm a photographer and graphic designer (mainly in screenprinting), know photoshop and illustrator pretty well and would like to help out if I can.

Online Henning

• Official Forum Artist
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • Mad "Liker"
    • Anomalina
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2009, 05:53:35 PM »
and some SGU fanart I did of Steve fighting Bigfoot.

Ha ha ha. Great!
Yeah, they really need to resurrect the fan-art collection.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. --Voltaire
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. -- Hitchens.

Offline bytemonger

• Brand New
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2009, 10:10:54 AM »
I can volunteer in programming and other related tasks.

20 yrs of experience in commercial software development.

Offline rev_matt_y

• Not Enough Spare Time
    • Rev Matt
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2009, 11:04:40 AM »
Not so much on the .net/flash front, but I'm good with python/php and frameworks (django, zope, drupal), server admin, and project management, release management, and other administrivia.
It's not right, and it's not smart, but it's part of what makes us who we are - Red Green

Offline sketchy

• Frequent Poster
  • just sketchy
    • Sketchy's Kitchen
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2009, 02:19:30 PM »
not much experience with .net, but I've been doing web design since 94, coldfusion and php since 2000, and have been using photoshop since the first release back when I was in high school (freshman I think).  I think I started using illustrator and freehand back in 94 or 95.  I have many many years of experience in fine arts, graphic art,  and communications art.

I write software for a living, with a little bit of project management tossed in to keep things organized.  and I'm starting to dabble in iPhone app writing.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 02:21:02 PM by sketchy »

Offline sorenlorensen

• Brand New
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2009, 03:07:27 PM »
Hi

Just throwing my hat into the ring if it's any use.

I'm a full-time software developer, particular focus on web applications, so know database stuff, php and front-end technologies (html, javascript etc).

I could give a couple of hours a week possibly, if it's of any use.

Offline Wren

• Brand New
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2009, 08:33:34 PM »
Hello all!  I can program in many languages and can photoshop like the dickens.  Do you capitalize 'photoshop' if it is being used as a verb?  What's the rule there?

Anyway, I'd like to hear more about the tasks that you guys have lined up.

Online SQ the ΣΛ/IGMд

• Atheist extraordinaire
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Pondering the cosmos since 1969
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2009, 09:46:32 PM »
Glad to help.  I have designed and built web sites and have worked with various image editing software.  I also can work with animation although Flash and .net are new to me.  I am currently recession-laden and therefore have all the free time in the world.
"That's ridiculous, spooks. That's silly!" ~ The Tin Woodsman - The Wizard of Oz ~

"Like it or not, we are stuck with science.  We had better make the best of it." ~ Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World ~

Offline Rick

• Brand New
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2009, 01:51:16 PM »
Hey,

I am a Senior Flash Developer from the UK(Northern Ireland), I have experience in OO AS3, PHP, SQL. I am interested in seeing what projects you have in your queue that would need a flash developer, I would love to help you guys. Spam me an email if you want some more info on me (c.v and previous works and so on).

( I have experience in design aswell but that's more of a bonus to the development stuff )

Edit:
forgot to say, I have experience with all the latest api's (facebook, google maps, Twitter, YouTube etc)

« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 04:53:57 PM by Rick »

Offline WilliamTTiller

• Off to a Start
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2009, 02:42:11 PM »
Hi,
I am an artist, video game art director and can do pretty good illustrations and some graphic design. I was the artist who meet with the Rogues at the SGU TAM dinner with Alyssa Clark, the woman making the Zombie film- I was the one who put the SGU in my game A Vampire Story. Just email me at billt@amegames.com or call 707 364-8815 and I'll do my best to help.

Sincerely,
Bill Tiller

Offline freiburger freelance

• Brand New
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2009, 03:42:22 PM »
i'm a freelance graphic artist. I do quite a lot of vector graphics. I'm also quite busy these days but could lend a hand in a pinch.

chris

http://www.ffreelance.com/

Offline mathyoo

• Brand New
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2009, 07:28:51 PM »
I'd be happy to help out also. I'm a self-employed graphic and web designer. I don't have any .net experience, but I'm very experienced with xhtml, css, photoshop, indesign, flash, illustrator and more. Typically I develop sites using the ExpressionEngine content management system, but I'm open to working with other things as well.

Offline Crowskie

• Seasoned Contributor
  • Raccoongaroo is soooooooo HAPPY!
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2009, 07:04:52 PM »
I am a graphic designer that specializes in technical illustration, logo design, and especially motion graphics. No portfolio up yet as I am working on a minor in Chem and Bio, but I have plenty of time to help out as necessary. I've actually been looking for a way to use my skills for good.

If you have any video projects I am very capable of editing, processing, and adding any graphics as needed to assist in the presentation.

If you are interested I will get some past work together and post it online.