Author Topic: Volunteers Needed 2009-2010  (Read 14869 times)

Offline Snixtor

• Brand New
Re: Volunteers Needed 2009-2010
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2009, 03:38:11 AM »
I can probably offer some assistance.  6 years experience in C# / .NET, mostly desktop applications but about a years worth of ASP.NET mixed in with those 6 years.

Offline guitarsean

• Brand New
    • Sean's Music World
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2009, 01:45:13 PM »
I could throw my hat in the graphics ring but I see many who have more experience than I do. But let me know if you need music. That's my real specialty, and what my degree is in.

Offline Hypersapien

• Off to a Start
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2009, 02:40:09 PM »
I'd be happy to volunteer my time and services.

I am a 3D artist, with skills primarily in 3D Studio Max and photoshop.  To a lesser extent I do some work in flash and video compositing as more of a hobby. (Sorry I'm no use for scripting or programming).   My degree is in animation, and could also manage 2D animation if necessary.

Cheers =)

-Taylor

edit: I suppose I should link some of my work: http://www.hypersapien.com/main/Artwork.html
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 04:14:05 AM by Hypersapien »

Offline irich

• Brand New
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2009, 10:43:46 PM »
I'm a graphic designer with excellent knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and Flash. I'm also a copywriter. And I'm very tall if that helps.

You can check out my stuff at www.richwallacemedia.com

Offline electricalbanana

• Brand New
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2009, 02:09:36 AM »
hi,

i hope i can help with those projects, im currently in school, im training to be an illustrator.
i love drawing both traditionally and digitally
yeah i'd like to help!

Offline JD Stanford

• Off to a Start
    • http://www.carpaltunnelpress.com
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2009, 04:55:11 PM »
I have extensive experience with Photoshop and Illustrator. My only practical design experience is in laying out print ads, but I took the opportunity to use vector graphics whenever possible. I'm a cartoonist by nature, but I can help out, and definitely want to do something to help out the SGU.

Offline GrantB

• Off to a Start
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2009, 06:08:50 AM »
Wow, lots of expertise on offer already.

The challenge will be to work collaboratively so that the load is shared.

I am the technical director (part owner) of a software development company.

Although I have UI design and programming expertise, I think testing and usability might be useful thing to offer. Oh, and my company develops and sells online analysis/data presentation software, so could hook you up with automatic graphing or stats assuming load was not too heavy.

Would like to offer more, but 'spare' time is very precious thing for me right now.   
nsert sig >The truth may be out there, but lies are inside your head.--Terry Pratchett<

Offline theskepticaldesigner

• Brand New
    • My Portfolio Site
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2009, 07:39:44 PM »
I know I am a week late, but I just listened to episode #221 and heard the call for Graphic Design volunteers. I am in my final Year at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh and would like to offer to help out in any way that I am can. Spare time I have in abundance, as I was laid off several months ago. I have mostly Photoshop and Illustrator Experience, with a little bit of web design on the side. 
"I do what I do because I dont know how to do anything else." ~ Kevin Smith

Offline mojotom

• Brand New
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2009, 07:29:03 AM »
Okay...

I am in ... anyway I can help fight for the greater cause...

I'm a graphics man.. So If you need anything in that department let me know...

Mojotom out.

Offline Joeyjojojr

• Brand New
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2009, 01:34:34 PM »
Jay, I'd like to be added to the list of helpers. I'm a graphic designer with mad Photoshop and Illustrator skills. Not much web experience since I work mostly in print, but I need to learn web stuff anyway, so it'd be a good opportunity for me. I've got Creative Suite 4 on my Mac, so anything I can do, I can do. Thanks!

Offline scasagra

• Brand New
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2009, 03:54:23 AM »
I'm not a .Net programmer or Graphics designer, but have some knowledge of HTML, can help with debugging, and some other low level stuff. Good on database design.

It's all I can offer (left the coders groups quite a while ago)

Regards

Silvio Casagrande
quot;God has chosen the world that is the most perfect, that is to say,
the one that is at the same time the simplest in hypotheses and the
richest in phenomena" - Leibniz

Offline Rosencrantz

• Brand New
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2009, 04:55:41 AM »
The lines of C# I've written could literally be strung together to circle the world three times (if given a really large font size, and the circle was drawn somewhere down near the south pole).

I've programmed and occasionally lectured IT/Programming for over 10 years and focus mainly on the Microsoft platform, and I'm happy to help out.

Cheers
Tim

Offline sourdour

• Off to a Start
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2009, 12:17:24 PM »
I'm coming from an animation/graphic design background:

Photoshop. Illustrator, After Effects, Flash (no actionscripting, just animation), a little bit of 3D.

Offline kzhang

• Brand New
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2009, 11:06:23 PM »
hi guys, would like to contribute, knows adobe suite ps, indesign, illus etc, which im sure everyone knows,
may be useful, i know a lot of 3d modelling/rendering: 3ds max, rhino, sketchup etc (if you wanted cool 3d models like the NFL lol)
and autocad/vectorworks/revit (because your webprojects need warm cozy homes to live in!
cheers

Offline mattrogers

• Off to a Start
    • The Observer
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2009, 11:09:31 PM »
i can help with the flash and graphics side of things, i have also been doing webdesign for a while now html, php and javascript that sort of thing
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 11:56:30 PM by mattrogers »
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits." - Albert Einstein