The Skeptics' Guide to the Universe > Suggestions

Website (theskepticsguide.org) Change suggestions

(1/8) > >>

Beleth:
How can http://www.theskepticsguide.org be improved upon?

NOTE - If you want to suggest how the Forum can be improved upon, post it in this thread instead.

Chew:
A search function. Often I've tried to find a pocast where they discussed a topic and rarely does the archive page notes help.

wastrel:

--- Quote from: Chew on November 17, 2009, 06:17:40 PM ---A search function. Often I've tried to find a pocast where they discussed a topic and rarely does the archive page notes help.

--- End quote ---

There is a search funtion at the top of the page.  What additional functionality do you want it to have?

borrofburi:
I don't know why, but when I try to use the website's RSS xml files the option to use google reader is not present. I have confirmed this is unique to http://www.theskepticsguide.org/ I can even RSS to the forums using google, but not on the main page.

I am perhaps just misunderstanding something, it wouldn't be the first time, but I imagine there are those even less technically inclined than I for whom this is a significant problem.

Anachronism:
Fix the fallacy page!

-Circular reasoning is the argument that utilises tautologies, not the other way around. If A=B is assumed to be true then B=A is (of course) true, and it's the incorrect assumption that makes it a fallacy.
-Tu quoque is not 'justifying wrong actions' but more about discrediting your opponent argument by claiming their position is inconsistent (i.e. it's wrong for the USA to accuse Muslims of terrorism while funding the IRA). Two wrongs make a right is the more common name for the fallacy that goes "Bob may be wrong but so was George".
-Begging the question is not at all the major unstated premise but actually circular reasoning.
-Inconsistency is not even an argument, but a style of argument?

This isn't even all of it, just a quick read through. :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version