Author Topic: My Open mic performance  (Read 631 times)

Offline gone

• Well Established
My Open mic performance
« on: March 01, 2010, 02:53:45 PM »
I think I didn't suck,  but I will note that i am a guitarist first and a singer second..or third..maybe 5th.

ben's bookstore performance part 1

ben's bookstore performance part 2

ben's bookstore performance part 3

Offline nocturnous

• Time Lord
  • Well Established
Re: My Open mic performance
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 03:41:59 PM »
The recordings don't capture the guitar very well.  You should have miced the guitar and ran it through a mixer then captured the audio and synced it up with your video.  Sounds pretty thin and I'm sure it sounded a lot better in the store.

Anyways Cool open mic thing, takes a lot of guts performing out in public. If you want to improve your singing, just take some lessons, practice your scales and sing your notes on guitar as you play them.   

Some timing issues as well.  Always practice with a metronome and tap your foot along side with it, while you play. I can't stress this enough.  I suck harder though at playing and singing, mostly because I hate to sing and my wife is amazing.

Offline gone

• Well Established
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 03:51:43 PM »
thanks for the advice, in truth, i know all this but I am too lazy to do anything about it.  Just a fun hobby for me.
Also, I began rehearsing for this gig about 3 hours before it started.

Offline nocturnous

• Time Lord
  • Well Established
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 05:17:12 PM »
thanks for the advice, in truth, i know all this but I am too lazy to do anything about it.  Just a fun hobby for me.

Yeah definitely not my approach, I'm not good either though, I'll over practice and not sleep at all. 

Offline gone

• Well Established
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 05:37:46 PM »

Yeah definitely not my approach, I'm not good either though, I'll over practice and not sleep at all. 

sigh i miss having a band..

personate-rain