Author Topic: Shoelace Tying - it's more of a science than you think  (Read 1164 times)

Offline Guillermo

• Frequent Poster
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Re: Shoelace Tying - it's more of a science than you think
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2019, 08:03:07 AM »
I realized this about 6 months ago. And I had to conscientiously reverse my first knot so that my complete knot is balanced. I still have to think about it every time, and sometime i forget, Even know I just noticed that one of my shoes has a granny knot and the other is balanced.

The weird part is that I have to teach my son to tie his laces, and thus I have to make sure he ties it correctly, which is hard cause of the angle I see my son practicing. He is still early enough to knot have developed the muscule memory, so it's time for me to create that correctly.
"There will one day be a member named "No Lynch" and he won't be able to play mafia.  :P"

Offline Noisy Rhysling

• Stopped Going Outside
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2019, 08:37:34 AM »
Flint knapping, an art, not a science.
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Offline The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Technical Administrator
  • Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2019, 11:33:41 AM »
I realized this about 6 months ago. And I had to conscientiously reverse my first knot so that my complete knot is balanced. I still have to think about it every time, and sometime i forget, Even know I just noticed that one of my shoes has a granny knot and the other is balanced.

I’m in the same position; I’ve been consciously correcting myself for several years, now, and it still feels wrong.
I would like to propose...that...it is undesirable to believe in a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true. — Bertrand Russell

Offline Swagomatic

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2019, 12:23:53 PM »
I started tying my shoes this way after I first read this thread in 2010.  Until then, I always tied my shoes in double knots, so they would stay tied.  It never occurred to me that I was doing it wrong.  :D
Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.
---George Bernard Shaw

personate-rain