Author Topic: New Flickr Challenge  (Read 2344 times)

Offline Dirty J. Martini

• Well Established
  • I'm Pro-Accordian and I Vote!
New Flickr Challenge
« on: April 10, 2010, 09:00:20 PM »
For those of you who don't know, there is an SGU Flickr group.  You can access it here:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/theskepticsguide/pool/

People have been posting images to the group fairly consistently, but we used to do challenges every week, and for various reasons that fizzled out rather quickly. Well, I've started a new challenge! You can view it here:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/theskepticsguide/discuss/72157623702978387/

(BTW, I'm "Pokey's Dad" on Flickr.)

Offline Dirty J. Martini

• Well Established
Re: New Flickr Challenge
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 02:43:20 AM »
Well, that went over like a lead balloon. Oh well.

Offline AxeGrrl

• in my cell, making a shiv out of a toothbrush and saran wrap
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 02:58:51 AM »

aww, I really like this challenge dcardani!   (i didn't even see this thread until just now)  i really love the idea of 'telling a story' using very restricted/simple means.....especially visually.

Can it be something 'staged' or does it have to be something 'real' you just snapped?

"Wouldn't it be much worse if life *were* fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them?' So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Offline TheLostVertex

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 06:48:30 AM »
I totally just saw this thread. I like the idea alot for the challenge.

I may join in on it here.

Offline DK

• Dave, my mind is going.
  • Too Much Spare Time
    • My Blog: Self-Indulgent Navel Gazing
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 02:43:52 PM »
Cool idea. I really like the photo competition, got me thinking a lot more about the photos I was taking, but I haven't logged into the group in ages.

Might be an idea to resurrect the old thread and point people here. Bit of an announcement kind of thing.

Offline Dirty J. Martini

• Well Established
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 10:53:48 PM »

aww, I really like this challenge dcardani!   (i didn't even see this thread until just now)  i really love the idea of 'telling a story' using very restricted/simple means.....especially visually.

Can it be something 'staged' or does it have to be something 'real' you just snapped?

Thanks! I thought people would be interested, but when nobody responded, I was a little disappointed.

To answer your question, "Hells yeah!" If you want to stage it, go ahead! The only requirement is 3 panels that tell some sort of coherent story. Have a ball!

Offline Dirty J. Martini

• Well Established
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 10:54:50 PM »
Cool idea. I really like the photo competition, got me thinking a lot more about the photos I was taking, but I haven't logged into the group in ages.

Might be an idea to resurrect the old thread and point people here. Bit of an announcement kind of thing.

Good idea! And thank you for doing it! You're the man (I assume, since you're name starts with "Dave". ;) )

Offline pandamonium

• Skeptical Beer Inspector
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • they/them
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 10:59:44 PM »
If DK isn't a man, I think his wife significant other* would like to know who impregnated her. :P

I'm a member of the group, I just have no spare time to do the fun stuff that I want to do. Which is all just excuses anyway. The challenge as I've inferred from the posts here sounds interesting, and I'll have to give it some thought. I've been meaning to carry my camera around with me more often anyway.

*I just realized that I assumed that DK was hitched to the girl he got preggers, but that isn't necessarily so.
I am become destroyer of biology.

Offline Drosophila

• Well Established
    • Wildly Into Nature
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2015, 08:50:49 AM »
Bump?
Be whoever you want to be, do whatever you want to do! The world is your sandbox!