Author Topic: Useless fact of the day  (Read 145232 times)

Offline Halleyscomet

• But I'm feeling much better now...
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • And then, one day, at Bible Camp...
    • My Pointless Blog
Re: Useless fact of the day
« Reply #3210 on: December 05, 2017, 12:51:28 PM »

Offline Jeremy's Sea

• Kintsukuroi, baby.
  • Frequent Poster
  • 667 - Neighbor of the beast.
    • jeremyad [sic]
« Reply #3211 on: December 05, 2017, 02:20:26 PM »
TIL - MacArthur Park was recorded by the actor Richard Harris in 1967. When it was released in 1968 it reached #2 in the US and #4 in the UK singles charts.
A few years ago I drove past MacArthur Park on my way to a bar and my date started singing that song. Once I was at the bar I sat down at a table with friends, and it turned out two of Richard's sons, who are also musicians were with us.

I now believe in mystical fate.  >:D :laugh:
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 07:12:32 PM by Jeremy's Sea »
Knowledge is power. France is bacon.

Offline werecow

• Cryptobovinologist
  • Frequent Poster
  • mooh
« Reply #3212 on: December 05, 2017, 06:38:11 PM »
London27's posting history already looks better than mine. This is the first forum that introduced me to forum ettiquette, or rather, the first where I became more cognizant of it.

I'm still pretty socially-forum awkward.le

I thought I was socially awkward until I started socializing IRL about 6 months ago. Turns out it was just this forum all along. }|;o)

What, you find a forum full of nerds constantly talking past each other unfulfilling?

Well I was going to say no, but when you put it like that it sounds almost like what to my mind passes for a vaguely erotic dream.
Mooohn!

Offline lobsterbash

• Keeps Priorities Straight
« Reply #3213 on: December 05, 2017, 07:33:57 PM »
London27's posting history already looks better than mine. This is the first forum that introduced me to forum ettiquette, or rather, the first where I became more cognizant of it.

I'm still pretty socially-forum awkward.le

I thought I was socially awkward until I started socializing IRL about 6 months ago. Turns out it was just this forum all along. }|;o)

What, you find a forum full of nerds constantly talking past each other unfulfilling?

Well I was going to say no, but when you put it like that it sounds almost like what to my mind passes for a vaguely erotic dream.

It's like we're doing the backstroke in a ballpit, except instead of balls it's all these guys.

Offline CarbShark

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #3214 on: December 06, 2017, 06:19:04 PM »

Rupert Murdoch's vineyard estate threatened by Bel-Air fire – LA Times

On Moraga Drive on Wednesday, gray smoke surrounded Murdoch's property, but neither the buildings nor the vineyards had burned.

This is as good a place as any for this post
and Donald Trump is President of the United States.

"Well, sometimes the magic works. Sometimes it doesn't." -- Chief Dan George, "Little Big Man"

Offline John Albert

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #3215 on: December 07, 2017, 05:44:42 PM »

On Moraga Drive on Wednesday, gray smoke surrounded Murdoch's property, but neither the buildings nor the vineyards had burned.

Report: Rupert Murdoch's LA home 'burning down' in wildfire

BY JOE CONCHA | 12/06/17 01:39 PM EST

The home of 21st Century Fox and Fox News Executive Chairman Rupert Murdoch, located on a vineyard outside of Los Angeles, is "burning down" in Southern California’s wildfires, according to an NBC News report on Wednesday.

Bloomberg News reported earlier Wednesday that the area around Murdoch's Moraga vineyard in Bel Air was ordered evacuated as firefighters battled wind-whipped fires that continue to spread.

Murdoch's property is "a wine growing estate in the Santa Monica Mountains at an elevation of 600 to 900 feet, five miles from the Pacific Ocean," according to Moraga’s website.

The 86-year-old Australian-born media mogul lives in a 7,500-square-foot house on the estate with wife Jerry Hall.

The Hill has reached out to 21st Century Fox for comment.

Murdoch acquired the 13-acre property in 2013 for $28.8 million, according to Forbes.

Whole story: http://thehill.com/homenews/media/363573-report-rupert-murdochs-la-home-burning-down-in-wildfire

Offline Halleyscomet

• But I'm feeling much better now...
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • And then, one day, at Bible Camp...
    • My Pointless Blog
« Reply #3216 on: December 08, 2017, 11:07:54 AM »

Report: Rupert Murdoch's LA home 'burning down' in wildfire

BY JOE CONCHA | 12/06/17 01:39 PM EST

The home of 21st Century Fox and Fox News Executive Chairman Rupert Murdoch, located on a vineyard outside of Los Angeles, is "burning down" in Southern California’s wildfires, according to an NBC News report on Wednesday.

Bloomberg News reported earlier Wednesday that the area around Murdoch's Moraga vineyard in Bel Air was ordered evacuated as firefighters battled wind-whipped fires that continue to spread.

Murdoch's property is "a wine growing estate in the Santa Monica Mountains at an elevation of 600 to 900 feet, five miles from the Pacific Ocean," according to Moraga’s website.

The 86-year-old Australian-born media mogul lives in a 7,500-square-foot house on the estate with wife Jerry Hall.

The Hill has reached out to 21st Century Fox for comment.

Murdoch acquired the 13-acre property in 2013 for $28.8 million, according to Forbes.

Whole story: http://thehill.com/homenews/media/363573-report-rupert-murdochs-la-home-burning-down-in-wildfire

If it were a Democrat whose house was burning down Pat Robertson would be proclaiming it judgement from God on the next episode of the 700 Club.

personate-rain