Author Topic: Could you cut your own arm off?  (Read 1744 times)

Offline JoelWhy

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Reptilian infiltrator
Re: Could you cut your own arm off?
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2010, 01:23:51 PM »
What's the bottom limit at which you'd revise that?  Would you be willing to cut off a pinky?

for moderate sums of cash, hell yeah I'd cut off a pinky.

I've got $5 (but, you have to use that money to pay for the postage to mail me the pinky.)
"I distrust those people who know so well what god wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Offline Hittman

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2010, 08:36:52 PM »
There was a very recent case of two hikers who died in Colorado or California who could have been found in a matter of hours if they had paid $5 to rent one of the Forest Services' transponders from the base camp, but chose not to.

That level of stupidly is very entertaining.  Do they get the Discount Darwin Award?

Offline Bunsen

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Big Pharma wants you to think cooked milk is safe!
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2010, 11:04:49 PM »
There was a very recent case of two hikers who died in Colorado or California who could have been found in a matter of hours if they had paid $5 to rent one of the Forest Services' transponders from the base camp, but chose not to.

That level of stupidly is very entertaining.  Do they get the Discount Darwin Award?

See, get 5 bucks from Joel for cutting off your pinky, and you can rent a transponder so you don't have to cut off your pinky.

Offline jaypee

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Astronaut Mike Dexter
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2010, 05:56:26 PM »

To make matters worse I think some searchers died looking for them.
"If I were an Algebra teacher I'd give everyone a letter grade but they'd have to figure out the value of the letter" -- A friend of mine

personate-rain