Author Topic: irreligiosophy  (Read 32104 times)

Offline xenu

• Stopped Going Outside
  • Chicago Blackhawks 2010,13,15 Stanley Cup Champion
Re: irreligiosophy
« Reply #210 on: November 16, 2011, 09:51:02 PM »
Just listened to the Dan Barker interview, and I'm really going to miss this show. I hope Chuck decides to revisit it soon.
I am hoping that it will be a good interview. Ya me too  :'(
It's a great interview. *wink wink* *nudge nudge* Say no more. Dan Barker was a great guest.
They both know the subject matter.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
Douglas Adams

Offline pandamonium

• Skeptical Beer Inspector
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • they/them
« Reply #211 on: February 06, 2012, 03:50:04 PM »
So, while looking for a link to a couple of episodes, I happened to read the last few posts on the irreligiosophy blog.
http://www.irreligiosophy.com/

Apparently, Chuck is pairing up with some dude to start a new podcast. I've already signed up for the newsletter. Will you?
I am become destroyer of biology.

Offline seaotter

• Drunkenly yelling LITTLE WING!
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • My homunculus is a grammar troll!
« Reply #212 on: February 06, 2012, 03:52:05 PM »
I can't wait. Will it be irrelegesophy?
"There is no use trying," said Alice; "one can't believe impossible things." Lewis Carroll

Offline pandamonium

• Planetary Skeptic
  • they/them
« Reply #213 on: February 06, 2012, 03:55:35 PM »
I can't wait. Will it be irrelegesophy?
Unapologetics, according to the site.

I'm glad that Chuck decided on a new name: irreligiosophy was a unique beast, and with Chuck and Leighton's falling out, it would be very weird for Chuck to come back with a new co-host.
Also, I think it's about time I relistened to Irreligiosophy.

Offline seaotter

• Drunkenly yelling LITTLE WING!
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • My homunculus is a grammar troll!
« Reply #214 on: February 06, 2012, 03:59:14 PM »
I hope he elliminates everything I disliked and doubles down on all the things I loved!
"There is no use trying," said Alice; "one can't believe impossible things." Lewis Carroll

Offline Dionysus

• Prideful and Indolent
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • God's Son
« Reply #215 on: February 06, 2012, 10:10:30 PM »
Leighton will be missed. I enjoyed his irreverence (read: total disregard for common decency) and just generally being a dick. Hopefully the new cohost won't be a total bore.
Behold, God's Son is come unto this land, Of heaven's hot splendour lit to life, when she Of Thebes, even I, Dionysus, whom the brand Who bore me, Cadmus' daughter Semele, Died here. So, changed in shape from God to man... to show me in men's sight - Manifest God.

Offline mindme

• Reef Tank Owner
    • http://www.yrad.com/cs
« Reply #216 on: February 07, 2012, 09:02:03 AM »
Leighton will be missed. I enjoyed his irreverence (read: total disregard for common decency) and just generally being a dick. Hopefully the new cohost won't be a total bore.

Agreed. Leighton gave voice to the anger and frustration we do feel at the god hates fags set. He gave voice to people who do have a family of hardcore believers and didn't shy away from how hard it was to reconcile his love for his family with their inability to just accept his view.

"Because the world needs more Mark Crislip."

Conspiracy Skeptic Podcast
Korean Podcast
Michael Goudeau, Vegas Comedy Entertainer Available for Trade Shows

Offline pandamonium

• Planetary Skeptic
  • they/them
« Reply #217 on: February 08, 2012, 02:12:47 AM »

Agreed. Leighton gave voice to the anger and frustration we do feel at the god hates fags set. He gave voice to people who do have a family of hardcore believers and didn't shy away from how hard it was to reconcile his love for his family with their inability to just accept his view.
I'm listening to the Comicbook Scare ep atm--in the skunk dick of the week segment, Leighton gets super pissed about the anti-abortion legislation that OK passed requiring women to get an ultrasound and hear a description of the fetus before they could abort the fetus. I didn't remember him being so righteously pissed when I first listened to it.

Offline Johnny Slick

• "Goddammit, Slick."
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Fake Ass Skeptic
« Reply #218 on: February 08, 2012, 02:23:21 AM »
Well, I for one agree with that legislation! Also, I think you should have to look a puppy in the eyes before you have a tumor removed. That tumor is made of life, and life is sacred.
Speak what you think now in hard words, and to-morrow speak what to-morrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said to-day.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline pandamonium

• Planetary Skeptic
  • they/them
« Reply #219 on: February 08, 2012, 02:31:09 AM »
Well, I for one agree with that legislation! Also, I think you should have to look a puppy in the eyes before you have a tumor removed. That tumor is made of life, and life is sacred.
Every time I take a shower, I genocide trillions of bacteria. OH THE HUMANITY.

Offline Gerbig

• Frequent Poster
  • Stream Crosser
« Reply #220 on: February 08, 2012, 02:46:56 AM »
Too bad they are gone =/, their debate with the evidence for faith was epic.

Offline pandamonium

• Planetary Skeptic
  • they/them
« Reply #221 on: February 08, 2012, 02:48:28 AM »
Those are the episodes I was looking for when I discovered that Chuck is planning on doing a new podcast. :D I posted them in your "ALKSDJFSTUPIDHOVINDHULKSMASHASLGH" thread.

Offline Gerbig

• Frequent Poster
  • Stream Crosser
« Reply #222 on: February 08, 2012, 02:51:16 AM »
Those are the episodes I was looking for when I discovered that Chuck is planning on doing a new podcast. :D I posted them in your "ALKSDJFSTUPIDHOVINDHULKSMASHASLGH" thread.

Lol, it was just sad how hard those guys got schooled! I re-listened to it right after you reminded me they exist.

Offline pandamonium

• Planetary Skeptic
  • they/them
« Reply #223 on: February 08, 2012, 03:07:25 AM »

Lol, it was just sad how hard those guys got schooled! I re-listened to it right after you reminded me they exist.
You have a strange definition of sad. I thought it was pretty righteous. ;D

Offline Gerbig

• Frequent Poster
  • Stream Crosser
« Reply #224 on: February 08, 2012, 03:09:01 AM »

You have a strange definition of sad. I thought it was pretty righteous. ;D

I mean, I started to feel bad for them. They just stopped talking at a few points, utterly defeated.