Author Topic: Help with my Podcast  (Read 2375 times)

Offline TheLostVertex

• Seasoned Contributor
Re: Help with my Podcast
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2010, 09:49:46 PM »
Im an american with an off british accent. I could help and it would be a inside joke!

How does an American pick up a British accent? I'm intrigued. Do you sound like Stewie Griffin?

I live by the Gulf of Mexico and got a job dumping waste oil into the ocean. Eventually you pick up the accent from the other brits doing it ;)

Offline Peace Bunny

• Seasoned Contributor
    • New Music Transmission
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2010, 05:15:33 PM »
Im an american with an off british accent. I could help and it would be a inside joke!

How does an American pick up a British accent? I'm intrigued. Do you sound like Stewie Griffin?

I live by the Gulf of Mexico and got a job dumping waste oil into the ocean. Eventually you pick up the accent from the other brits doing it ;)

Fair enough, I would be interested to hear what you sound like now! We have quite a range of accents here, I wonder which one you would have picked up. I would like to think it is the posh one that about 0.5% of us have, but for some reason happens to be internationally recognisable as the "British" accent.
Get used to it honey. From now on, we'll be spelling everything with letters.

Offline Peace Bunny

• Seasoned Contributor
    • New Music Transmission
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2010, 08:36:27 AM »
Hey again guys, it has been ages and ages since I last posted on this thread and still no emails. If any Americans/Non-Brits do want to email me an MP3 of them saying "Welcome to New Music Transmission" or similar such intro's, I would still love to hear it! steve@newmusictransmission.com. Thanks guys.

Anyone out there with Podcasts who want a British intro we could do an intro exchange.
Get used to it honey. From now on, we'll be spelling everything with letters.

Offline GodSlayer

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2010, 08:04:48 AM »
British can be fairly easy because there are a fairly wide variety of accents, and only a few are similar to the aussie accent, at least to my aussie ears.

What about the difference between an Australian and a New Zealander? Those are pretty close.

same.
I've, on occasion, been doing one of my many British accent impersonatios only to conclude the sentence sounding much more like an Aussie.

the Aus/NZ difference really depends where the people are from. My brother (raised in NZ 'til he was 18) now in his late twenties has an extremely pronounced Aussie accent--he definitely no longer sounds like the kiwi he was. But some Kiwis sound quite Aussie (in fact, I watched an episode of The Amazing Race just because they were in New Zealand, and I was amazed by how most of the professionals they worked with in their challenges sounded so Australian (not sure where in NZ it was filmed). But there are some very definitive NZ accents.--I cringe every time I hear "chew-drin"--I hear it on a daily basis and it doesn't seem to have any bounds (like how there are Auckland and Invercargill accents), it seems almost any kiwi I hear say children will give that ghastly laser gun pronunciation.
Quote from: Thomas Carlyle
In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Offline GodSlayer

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2010, 08:07:17 AM »
I don't think I've heard a New Zealander, at least that I know of.

there are plenty of videos on the 3 News website with a range of average kiwis (reporters/politicians/everymen/experts/children)
www.3news.co.nz/
Quote from: Thomas Carlyle
In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.