Author Topic: AC/DC is pissing me off  (Read 3198 times)

Offline Ran

• Not Enough Spare Time
Re: AC/DC is pissing me off
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2010, 04:06:55 PM »
Well, it's not like you have to buy their music?

The same thing applies to Led Zeppelin by the way. And the Beatles.

Who cares what the band think? The music is awesome, so listen to it if you want. I don't agree with Metallica's or Kiss' views either, and I would never give them any money (that would be downright immoral), but that shouldn't prevent me from listening to them.

Exactly.

Because why would you want to financially support the professional musicians that you enjoy hearing.

"Can't someone else do it!?"
Did you read the thread? Stop trolling around. AC/DC clearly don't want the OP to buy their music. Besides, it's AC/DC: they're extremely rich, they really don't need your money to keep on rocking.

Offline stonesean

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Dumb sailor on the Sea of Awesome
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2010, 04:57:57 AM »
So, because they've been successful in the past, they no longer deserve to be paid for their work?
Well.  There it is.

Offline wash-away

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2010, 11:49:20 AM »
So, because they've been successful in the past, they no longer deserve to be paid for their work?

should i be obligated to listen to every add on the radio because i listened to their songs?

or should i buy every song i hear wether i enjoy it or not?
"Why, if you were inventing a religion, would you invent a founder whose statements conflict with the theology?" -Irish Jazz

Offline moj

• beer snob
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2010, 12:50:09 PM »

should i be obligated to listen to every add on the radio because i listened to their songs?

What? that is in no way the same thing. While I think AC/DC suck ass, I still believe they should be paid for the music they create. Radio is a free medium that is paid for by ad's. You can turn the volume down or change the chanle, but it's not at all the same as paying for a service. The service being in this case suck ass music. :P

Offline Ran

• Not Enough Spare Time
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2010, 01:43:49 PM »
I never, ever claimed that.

I guess you'll never understand how money works.

Offline wash-away

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2010, 02:14:38 PM »

What? that is in no way the same thing. While I think AC/DC suck ass, I still believe they should be paid for the music they create. Radio is a free medium that is paid for by ad's. You can turn the volume down or change the chanle, but it's not at all the same as paying for a service. The service being in this case suck ass music. :P

Yes but they get money for adds depending on how many people listen to them and what the time slot is.  for example you pay for add free radio like XM and Sirius.

so if no one listened to the adds on radio afvertisers would take their adds somewhere else (billboards tv print media etc)

thats how business works.
"Why, if you were inventing a religion, would you invent a founder whose statements conflict with the theology?" -Irish Jazz

Offline stonesean

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Dumb sailor on the Sea of Awesome
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2010, 03:25:10 PM »

Yes but they get money for adds depending on how many people listen to them and what the time slot is.  for example you pay for add free radio like XM and Sirius.

so if no one listened to the adds on radio afvertisers would take their adds somewhere else (billboards tv print media etc)

If you think that musicians get paid by how many times their songs get played, or paid based upon the ratings of whatever show plays them, you are completely ignorant about the music business.
Well.  There it is.

Offline wash-away

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2010, 08:23:27 PM »

If you think that musicians get paid by how many times their songs get played, or paid based upon the ratings of whatever show plays them, you are completely ignorant about the music business.

you TOTALLY misread my post.

i was talking about the RADIO STATIONS get add space prices depending on how many people will be listening at that time.

and i was saying...

should i have to pay for every song i listen to on the radio (by listening to the adds that make the radio money) or by buying that CD?

thank you for being
ignorant
  and not actually reading my post.

also, they do get paid by how many times the song is played on the radio.  in an indirect way it effects how much publicity the song gets and how many cds are sold (or itunes downloads)  so no thats not ignorant either... 

so how am i ignorant again?  i must have missed that. 

personate-rain
personate-rain