Poll

The Super Bowl winner will be...

Green Bay
8 (72.7%)
Pittsburgh
3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: NFL 2010 thread  (Read 54776 times)

Offline JoelWhy

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Reptilian infiltrator
Re: NFL 2011 thread
« Reply #1095 on: June 06, 2011, 06:20:11 PM »
I just don't think that it's the business of the largest (by default) sports network in the US to clean up the image which they so merrily helped tarnish with their breathless 'round the clock coverage of the handgun incident.

I'm sure they're vying for the first post-release interview with him, so vomiting niceties all over his image is probably their way of saying "come talk to us, we'll only throw you softballs!"
"I distrust those people who know so well what god wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Offline jaypee

• Astronaut Mike Dexter
Re: NFL 2010 thread
« Reply #1096 on: July 18, 2011, 10:21:41 AM »
I'm still very conflicted about this.. I've always sort of hated Michael Irvin, but now I can't hate him no matter how much I want to.

Michael Irvin Endorses Equality
"If I were an Algebra teacher I'd give everyone a letter grade but they'd have to figure out the value of the letter" -- A friend of mine

Offline Johnny Slick

• "Goddammit, Slick."
  • Fake Ass Skeptic
« Reply #1097 on: July 18, 2011, 11:08:29 AM »
Yeah, I saw that too. What's awesome about that isn't just the fact that he came out pro-gay but that he personalized it.
Speak what you think now in hard words, and to-morrow speak what to-morrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said to-day.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline jaypee

• Astronaut Mike Dexter
« Reply #1098 on: July 18, 2011, 11:13:24 AM »
Well, maybe he'll get caught with a bunch of cocaine again and I won't have to feel guilty about disliking him.
"If I were an Algebra teacher I'd give everyone a letter grade but they'd have to figure out the value of the letter" -- A friend of mine

Offline Joe B

• Quasi-Jock
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • Now with Preposterone
« Reply #1099 on: July 18, 2011, 12:03:23 PM »
Well, maybe he'll get caught with a bunch of cocaine again and I won't have to feel guilty about disliking him.

You know he stabbed a teammate in the neck with a pair of scissors over not being allowed to cut in line for a haircut, right?
You underestimate the amount of people who are literally Hitler.
-Colts Homer

Offline jaypee

• Astronaut Mike Dexter
« Reply #1100 on: July 18, 2011, 12:07:20 PM »

You know he stabbed a teammate in the neck with a pair of scissors over not being allowed to cut in line for a haircut, right?

Thanks Joe! That helped!