Author Topic: Skeptical Game - Idea  (Read 2511 times)

Offline Henning

• Official Forum Artist
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • Mad "Liker"
    • Anomalina
Re: Skeptical Game - Idea
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2010, 12:29:27 AM »
In all seriousness, I'd like to take a shot at making a game, if anyone has any solid ideas.

Me too.
If not an animation finally, then a game. I'm in. Arts and assets guy here...
Has anyone used the Unity engine? I got really excited about that right before I had to go back to work.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. --Voltaire
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. -- Hitchens.

Offline Mittell

• Off to a Start
    • AeonSpire
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2010, 06:13:26 AM »
First: you need to identify your audience, are you making a game for skeptics or regular people so they might get into skepticism?
I think picking one of these will give us an easy target to aim for especially for something that is essentially a first-time effort. But at the same time I would like to say "why not both?", one potential thing I see a game involving skepticism has is outreach to those who are not so familiar with critical thinking and the topics covered by the skeptical community in general.

In all seriousness, I'd like to take a shot at making a game, if anyone has any solid ideas.
Same here, except I think a "solid" idea is something we would need to work on, unless somebody already has one? :D Either way I'm open all ears!

Me too.
If not an animation finally, then a game. I'm in. Arts and assets guy here...
Has anyone used the Unity engine? I got really excited about that right before I had to go back to work.
I've recently had a go at using Unity, just got the latest version too (just released Unity 3.0) but it's not going as smoothly as I thought. :(

Offline Rocket Man

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2010, 06:10:16 PM »
First: you need to identify your audience, are you making a game for skeptics or regular people so they might get into skepticism?
I think picking one of these will give us an easy target to aim for especially for something that is essentially a first-time effort. But at the same time I would like to say "why not both?", one potential thing I see a game involving skepticism has is outreach to those who are not so familiar with critical thinking and the topics covered by the skeptical community in general.

First of all I'm assuming we are going to attempt to make this game, Secondly I"m assuming we will have very limited Resources. If we were to make the game relevant to skeptics and everybody else we would have to create more content than would be realistic. However we must first find a team of people who so we know what we can work with.

I have started a post so that everyone can put down their skills and experience.

http://sguforums.com/index.php/topic,32006.0.html

personate-rain
personate-rain