6 (12.5%)
Yes, but no time behind bars.
3 (6.3%)
Yes, and I've done time.
2 (4.2%)
Just traffic tickets.
13 (27.1%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: The Twitter Thread--A Thread of Great Consequence  (Read 271855 times)

Offline Friendly Angel

• Frequent Poster
  • Post count reset to zero in both forum apocalypses
Re: The Twitter Thread--A Thread of Great Consequence
« Reply #7575 on: May 09, 2017, 04:42:39 PM »
My (male) primary care doctor was just ARRESTED for multiple sexual assault charges on a female patient! 

Only saw him once for a physical after my last doctor moved, didn't seem creepy.

Need to find a new doctor again.
Amend and resubmit.

Offline Ah.hell

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #7576 on: May 09, 2017, 04:48:21 PM »
My (male) primary care doctor was just ARRESTED for multiple sexual assault charges on a female patient! 

Only saw him once for a physical after my last doctor moved, didn't seem creepy.

Need to find a new doctor again.
I've been surprised a number of times buy men my female friends regard as creepy several times.  #male privilege.   Although, usually when its pointed out, I think, "Oh, yeah, he is isn't he?"  The older fella that spends a lot of time talking to the youngish receptionist, that kind of thing. 

Offline GodSlayer

« Reply #7577 on: May 09, 2017, 05:06:11 PM »
Although, usually when its pointed out, I think, "Oh, yeah, he is isn't he?"  The older fella that spends a lot of time talking to the youngish receptionist, that kind of thing. 

the classic 'it's only creepy if she's not interested' thing.
a playah is just a creep who the women like.
Quote from: Thomas Carlyle
In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Offline Ah.hell

« Reply #7578 on: May 11, 2017, 09:15:16 AM »
No better demonstration of the tragedy of the commons than the workplace kitchen/lunchroom.

Offline Friendly Angel

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #7579 on: May 11, 2017, 07:02:01 PM »
Just got an e-mail from 23andME that makes me suspicious that they've been hacked.  Everything looks legit but there's a button they want me to click that is an unusual request.

Could be fine.
Could be just marketing.
Could be some kind of malware.

Didn't click.
Amend and resubmit.

Offline Ah.hell

« Reply #7580 on: May 16, 2017, 05:41:43 PM »
I recently volunteered to be on my new city's building department review board.  They told me it almost never meets but now I'm reviewing the building departments proposed revision to the building code.  Its my fault, I noticed during the interview that the their code was more than a decade behind the national standard. 

The have a couple of odd provisions, they retain the authority to waive permit fees for "proposals deemed economically valuable to the City", which seems like an invitation to corruption to me.  They've also got a provision that waives the few for the other governments.  So if the Feds, State, or County want to build something they don't have to pay for the permit.  Not as dubious as the first provision but I think its odd.

I actually don't know if either of these provisions is odd, they me common but this is the first time I've paid any attention to a local building beyond the structural provisions. 

Online SkeptiQueer

• Too Much Spare Time
  • DEEZ NUTZ
« Reply #7581 on: May 16, 2017, 06:09:31 PM »
Just applied to a new job guarding federal buildings. Fitness exams mandatory, and they pay more for regular time than I get now for overtime, nearing $55k/yr. Union, too.
HIISSSSSSSS

Offline Ah.hell

« Reply #7582 on: May 23, 2017, 07:41:06 PM »
Just picked up dinner and the women at the counter kept calling me "Sweetie"  if she'd been old, I wouldn't have noticed but she might have been 20 years younger than me.   It was odd. 

Offline Ah.hell

« Reply #7583 on: May 24, 2017, 09:57:08 AM »
This morning I woke up to the sound of my wife's cat puking.  I could not find the puke before coming to work.  The wife is visiting relatives.  Somewhere in my house is a pile of puke.  Sitting.  Festering.

Online Morvis13

• Big Ol' Goober
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • Natural Source of Paranoia
« Reply #7584 on: May 24, 2017, 10:35:17 AM »
This morning I woke up to the sound of my wife's cat puking.  I could not find the puke before coming to work.  The wife is visiting relatives.  Somewhere in my house is a pile of puke.  Sitting.  Festering.

Most likely found walking in the dark and squishing in your toes.
Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
Morvis' Law: Anything that does go wrong is my fault.

Offline Friendly Angel

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #7585 on: May 24, 2017, 12:05:43 PM »
Today I saw a tree-trimming truck snag the overhead power lines as it drove down the street.  Irony:  the truck was hired by the power company to trim trees around power lines and was on its way to a job.
Amend and resubmit.

Offline petrolpetal

• Well Established
  • more naive and foolish than people realise
« Reply #7586 on: May 25, 2017, 02:18:40 AM »
Happy Africa day!

Offline Ah.hell

« Reply #7587 on: May 25, 2017, 03:30:01 PM »
I think there's been a noticeable decline in civility on this forum recently.  Even among regulars that I haven't notice being prone to such things. 

Offline Friendly Angel

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #7588 on: May 25, 2017, 03:42:25 PM »

Just got a letter from the medical group.  My doctor is "on leave", and they recommended a new one.  No mention of the charges... not sure what to think about that.  The police were asking for other victims to come forward, maybe some of them don't know.
Amend and resubmit.

Offline GodSlayer

« Reply #7589 on: May 25, 2017, 08:00:05 PM »
I think there's been a noticeable decline in civility on this forum recently.  Even among regulars that I haven't notice being prone to such things. 
I knew my absence would take a toll.  :D
Quote from: Thomas Carlyle
In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.