Author Topic: Synth music  (Read 1056 times)

Offline burpy

• Seasoned Contributor
Synth music
« on: October 13, 2010, 08:34:43 AM »
I´m going to post my musical creations here. I use Ableton Live and generally just use the instruments and effects that come with it, although i sometimes run my guitar through it. I don´t consider myself a "real musician" and am not looking to get signed or anything. The vibe i am generally trying to create is a sort of spaced out cartoonish feel (think Button Moon if you grew up watching British kid´s TV). Any comments are welcome and it would be good to chat to any other musical skeptics.

http://soundcloud.com/thierry-ennui/solar-wind

*edit* For some reason I don´t seem to be able to embed the soundcloud player. Anybody know anything about this?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 08:40:45 AM by burpy »
Rejoice not at thine enemy's fall - but don't rush to pick him up either. - Jewish proverb.

Offline Morvis13

• Big Ol' Goober
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • Natural Source of Paranoia
Re: Synth music
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 09:06:01 AM »
way better then I could do but too repeatitive and long.
Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
Morvis' Law: Anything that does go wrong is my fault.

Offline burpy

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 03:45:51 PM »
My attempt at a trancey minimal style tune, based on a tutorial I saw on youtube;

http://soundcloud.com/thierry-ennui/wings-of-fury
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 03:48:00 PM by burpy »
Rejoice not at thine enemy's fall - but don't rush to pick him up either. - Jewish proverb.

Offline Morvis13

• Big Ol' Goober
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • Natural Source of Paranoia
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 04:25:37 PM »
See that one is better cuz as soon as you get bored of a segment you add an instrument. Still could mix it up a bit more.
Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
Morvis' Law: Anything that does go wrong is my fault.

Offline burpy

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 12:50:01 PM »
Thanks for your comments Morvis, its nice to know that at least one person is listening. I´ve been making computer based music for a few months now and the learning process is very steep. Just programming a synth to make an interesting sound took an incredibly long time at first. However, as I get to know the shortcuts and improve my workflow, I think that I will be able to add more changes and interest to the compositions. Once again, thanks for listening and taking the time to comment.

Offline GodSlayer

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 04:03:26 AM »
got download links? (I can't stream)
Quote from: Thomas Carlyle
In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.