Author Topic: Monsters  (Read 836 times)

Offline ♫♪ FX ♪♫

• Earnest Young Man
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Plutonium is your friend!
    • Is it working?
Monsters
« on: October 29, 2010, 03:59:26 PM »
I'm all excited about this one, for several reasons.

http://www.monstersthemovie.com/

Watch the trailer at the very least.   
It is difficult to believe that a man is telling the truth when you know that you would lie if you were in his place. - H.L. Mencken

“That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons history has to teach.” - Aldous Huxley

Offline Caffiene

• Stopped Going Outside
Re: Monsters
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 08:43:33 PM »
The concept looks good, and I especially like that they have the sense to keep their creatures under wraps instead of the usual trailer "hints" that ruin the first 2/3 of the movie by revealing way too much of the monster.

Unfortunately though, the one review Ive seen for it described it as "what might have happened if M Night Shyamalan had directed Cloverfield". Which is... less than promising.
[Lurk Mode Disengage]

Offline Jack

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 08:52:23 PM »
The concept looks good, and I especially like that they have the sense to keep their creatures under wraps instead of the usual trailer "hints" that ruin the first 2/3 of the movie by revealing way too much of the monster.

Unfortunately though, the one review Ive seen for it described it as "what might have happened if M Night Shyamalan had directed Cloverfield". Which is... less than promising.
You mean this?

Yeah, that really killed any hopes I had.

Offline ♫♪ FX ♪♫

• Earnest Young Man
    • Is it working?
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 09:10:47 PM »
If M Night Shyamalan had directed Cloverfield then Cloverfield would have been a great movie.
It is difficult to believe that a man is telling the truth when you know that you would lie if you were in his place. - H.L. Mencken

“That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons history has to teach.” - Aldous Huxley

Offline teethering

• 37% better than Slick
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 09:32:42 PM »
If M Night Shyamalan had directed Cloverfield then Cloverfield would have been a great movie.

Yuh, aha, like Signs and The Happening.  AWESOME MOVIES!

Offline ♫♪ FX ♪♫

• Earnest Young Man
    • Is it working?
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 09:45:05 PM »
I meant if he had directed it back when he made the Sixth Sense.  Not now.

Plus I was being sarcastic.  Nothing could have made Cloverfield a good movie.

Online Rai

• PIZZASAURUS
  • Global Moderator
  • Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2010, 04:21:41 AM »
I meant if he had directed it back when he made the Sixth Sense.  Not now.

Plus I was being sarcastic.  Nothing could have made Cloverfield a good movie.

I think it wasn't that bad.

Though I can't remember when was the last time I was on the verge of shouting "No fuckin' way" in the cinema about realism. I'm OK with giant monsters. But if you shoot a living creature with a SABOT round, that exerts a 34,000N force in an area the size of a dime, it will have an effect. Not to mention those dozen JDAMS. Even in the awful American Godzilla film, Harpoon missiles were pretty effective against the monster.

personate-rain