Author Topic: We need your help!  (Read 16960 times)

Offline Jay

• SGU Panel Member
  • Keeps Priorities Straight
We need your help!
« on: June 05, 2007, 09:13:37 AM »
In the next few months I plan on increasing the SGU's marketing efforts.  Do any listeners have traditional marketing skills, web marketing skills or the like that are willing to help the SGU with the next push?  any help will be appreciated and heavily rewarded with certain immortality.

I need your help guys   :mrgreen:
I don't believe it. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. - Ford Prefect  "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Offline mickal777

• Beleth Gave Me 100 Gold
  • Stopped Going Outside
    • Trip to Japan
We need your help!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 09:15:03 AM »
You always need our help.

Offline mickal777

• Beleth Gave Me 100 Gold
  • Stopped Going Outside
    • Trip to Japan
We need your help!
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 09:16:07 AM »
Okay, how about

***&#&# MEET COUPLES FOR DATING IN BRISBANE ***%$#$

Gets me every time  :P

Offline Paul Ganssle

• Objective Hitler
  • Frequent Poster
We need your help!
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 11:12:02 AM »
I was going to help, but then I realized the reward was "immortality" and not "immorality".  Not interested. :P

(Also I know nothing of marketing)
quot;if you looat the world and think there is a God nothin make sense but if you see it fro a naturalistivc perspectiove all the shti goin on is exactly what youd expect-"  -The Always Eloquent Richard Dawkins

Offline Joe Shmoe

• Chief Rape Apologist
  • Stopped Going Outside
We need your help!
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 01:43:10 PM »
What did you have in mind?

Offline stickman

• Stopped Going Outside
Re: We need your help!
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 02:43:55 PM »
Quote from: "Jay"
... rewarded with certain immortality.

What, did you buy a bigger freezer?
The best debates are the ones in which I'm proven wrong.  Then I've learned something.

Offline jason

• Frequent Poster
We need your help!
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 03:21:10 PM »
I'm willing to help, though I suspect my skill set isn't one you need. Marketeering ain't my thang.
quot;Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." - Philip K. Dick
"Scientific skepticism: the buck stops at reality."

Offline Winick88

• Well Established
We need your help!
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 04:59:52 PM »
Let's design a downloadable flyer advertising the URL with little tabs at the bottom for people to pull off. We could have two or three different ones, each with a different skeptical celebrity endorsement (P&T, Randi, Shermer, etc.) The celebrity factor isn't that important, though it may not be much trouble to obtain. Each one of us can post the flyers at our respective Universities.

It's not brilliant or anything but pretty simple to do. IRON MAN could design the artwork in less than five minutes.
The human understanding is like a false mirror, which, receiving rays irregularly, distorts and discolors the nature of things by mingling its own nature with it. ~Francis Bacon

Offline Toby Beau

• Seasoned Contributor
  • mmmm... free goo
    • http://schadey.blogspot.com
We need your help!
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 06:25:46 PM »
I can get real drunk and stand out on the Pearl Street Mall and yell at people about SGU. In fact, that's all I'll say "SGU"... make them figure it out.
Kooky percussion videos I make:

y blog:
http://schadey.blogspot.com
Podcasts:
http://www.drzach.net/apologia.htm
http://reasondriven.blogspot.com

"Sometimes I get it right, sometimes I get it wrong, but I always get it." - Biggest Douche in the Universe.

Offline Neutral Milk

• Forum Historian
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Physics makes us all its bitches.
We need your help!
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2007, 06:31:28 PM »
Quote from: "Winick88"
Let's design a downloadable flyer advertising the URL with little tabs at the bottom for people to pull off. We could have two or three different ones, each with a different skeptical celebrity endorsement (P&T, Randi, Shermer, etc.) The celebrity factor isn't that important, though it may not be much trouble to obtain. Each one of us can post the flyers at our respective Universities.

It's not brilliant or anything but pretty simple to do. IRON MAN could design the artwork in less than five minutes.

Here's a poster Jay designed a few months back:
http://www.theskepticsguide.org/media/science_madness.jpg

Offline Joe Shmoe

• Chief Rape Apologist
  • Stopped Going Outside
We need your help!
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2007, 08:40:18 PM »
Quote from: "Winick88"

I get the impression that he's thinking of a more directed approach, but this is not a bad idea.

Quote from: "Neutral Milk"
Here's a poster Jay designed a few months back:
http://www.theskepticsguide.org/media/science_madness.jpg

That's beautiful, we can have a whole series of these.

Offline chance

• Not Enough Spare Time
We need your help!
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2007, 10:28:56 PM »
Free steak knives? But wait….. there’s more…..

Serious applicants should PM Jay
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Offline moneyman1490

• Seasoned Contributor
We need your help!
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2007, 01:20:36 PM »
I'd be willing to help; just let me know what's needed.
kidoo, in response to CapeRoadie's threat of Libel
Quote from: "skidoo"
Your documented evasiveness and dishonesty leads me to no other conclusion: You're a dangerous quack. How's that for a retraction?

Put up or shut up!!!

Offline Tai Fung

• Frequent Poster
    • Everybody Tai Fung Tonight!
Re: We need your help!
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2007, 02:38:04 PM »
Quote from: "stickman"
Quote from: "Jay"
... rewarded with certain immortality.

What, did you buy a bigger freezer?

:lol:    :lol:    :lol:
Atheism should be about "Science and Social Justice" the same way Math should be about "Numbers and Fashion."

Offline Trisomy21

• Off to a Start
Chain letter!
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2007, 12:27:45 AM »
Jay it’s real easy.  If you want to get the message out to a lot of people, ya just need to brush it up a little.  You need to tell the story about how you had terminal brain cancer.  Then one day while passing by a church you were drawn in by the sound of angels.  The next week when you went to see Dr. Novella and the cancer was gone!  Then you found the Skeptics Guide to the Universe and were cured of religion and all your guilt was gone too!  And if you pass this email on to 5 friends you will be guilt free for one week.

You might have to change your name to Perry because someone might catch on.  This is just a rough draft but you get the jist.  You could also go to snopes and grab a letter off of there and just swap out the names for yours and throw that Skeptics cure at the end.  The more I type this the more sense it makes.  This could be the first chain letter that has a positive end result!
quot;Atheists do look for answers to existence itself.  They just don't make them up." - Teller

personate-rain
personate-rain