Author Topic: Guess the Movie!  (Read 3123 times)

Offline Drunken Idaho

• Natural Blonde
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • Comrade Questions
Re: Guess the Movie!
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2011, 07:02:21 PM »
Well my friend Sweet Jay took me to that video arcade in town, right, and they don't speak English there, so Jay got into a fight and he's all, "Hey quit hasslin' me cuz' I don't speak French" or whatever! And then the guy said something in Paris talk, and I'm like, "Just back off!" And they're all, "Get out!" And we're like, "Make me!" It was cool.

Too easily googleable  ::)

Austin Powers!
Strange women lying in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government.

Offline Rayna

• Keeps Priorities Straight
  • Bouncy Bouncy Bouncy
    • Photography
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2011, 07:10:29 PM »
Isn't my one supposed to be done?
Fox news are Fair and Balanced... They are all 'fairly' good looking, and they are able to 'balance' upright as they are walking down the street.

Offline Drunken Idaho

• Natural Blonde
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • Comrade Questions
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2011, 07:20:18 PM »
Isn't my one supposed to be done?

My apologies, I didn't think about the rules of this game-- I just saw that on the first page and was excited that I knew it.
Strange women lying in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government.

Offline Johnny Slick

• "Goddammit, Slick."
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Fake Ass Skeptic
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2011, 07:53:43 PM »
So we are supposed to slighly change it?

"But Mina, I'm British"
I am finding myself too... distracted by the avatar to properly answer this question.
Speak what you think now in hard words, and to-morrow speak what to-morrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said to-day.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Rayna

• Bouncy Bouncy Bouncy
    • Photography
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2011, 08:41:28 PM »
Johnny - If that was a hint that you know the answer you are correct :P

Fox news are Fair and Balanced... They are all 'fairly' good looking, and they are able to 'balance' upright as they are walking down the street.

Offline azinyk

• Well Established
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2011, 09:19:29 PM »
You slightly changed it?

It reminds me a little of "Bend it like Beckham", where Jess's male (Indian) friend admits he's gay for David Beckham, and Jess says, "but he's English!"

There was also a character named Mina (Wilhemina) in The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (at least in the comic - I can't remember the movie very well).

Offline T.A.P.O.R.

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2011, 10:24:02 PM »
I googled it so I know the answer, but I ain't going to cheat by posting.  :tiphat:

Offline Rayna

• Bouncy Bouncy Bouncy
    • Photography
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2011, 12:36:20 AM »
You slightly changed it?

It reminds me a little of "Bend it like Beckham", where Jess's male (Indian) friend admits he's gay for David Beckham, and Jess says, "but he's English!"

There was also a character named Mina (Wilhemina) in The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (at least in the comic - I can't remember the movie very well).

I only changed the name - Mina has something to do with it.... Should i be giving hints?

Offline azinyk

• Well Established
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2011, 12:44:18 AM »
I googled it on the off chance that it was Mina Anwar (it wasn't, but that was the only British Mina I could think of), and found the answer, but I'd never heard of that movie.

Offline T.A.P.O.R.

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2011, 12:46:02 AM »
You slightly changed it?

Nope No hints.

I only changed the name - Mina has something to do with it.... Should i be giving hints?

Offline Caffiene

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2011, 01:16:11 AM »
Oohhhh. Of course.

I had to google it as well, but now I remember it.
[Lurk Mode Disengage]

Offline Anders

• Deleted
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2011, 05:03:15 AM »
A Fish Called Wanda?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.” Charles Darwin

Offline jwray

• Seasoned Contributor
  • nobody expects the spanish inquisition
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2011, 02:45:44 AM »
"Say it again.  Say you love me, nigga!"

personate-rain