Author Topic: Diablo 2 Mother F**kers!  (Read 1029 times)

Offline Andrew Clunn

• Deleted
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Aspiring Super Villain
Diablo 2 Mother F**kers!
« on: December 29, 2010, 07:53:44 PM »
So I'm gonna host an open TCP/IP diablo 2 game.  It'll be up from 8 till about 10 tonight.  Just 2 hours to see how it goes.  if if turns out people enjoy it, we'll do it more often.  Use whatever character you want, though I'll use a new character to make it more fun.  If this catches on, we'll use ventrillo or something next time.

Okay, so I just changed my IP and now it's --.---.---.---.  I WILL BE CHANGING IT AGAIN AFTER WE PLAY YOU EVIL HACKERS!  (Though really, nothing on this old machine anyways.)  The game will be up shortly.  I forget if it's going to require a password.  If it does then it'll be SGU2010.

EDIT - Removed IP
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 09:18:42 PM by andrewclunn »
I'm just the victim of my cognitive privilege

Offline Andrew Clunn

• Deleted
  • Aspiring Super Villain
Re: Diablo 2 Mother F**kers!
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 09:18:10 PM »
Well that went over like an iron kite.  I guess I should either give more notice next time or realize that some people just don't love D2 as much as I do...

Offline Dirty J. Martini

• Well Established
  • I'm Pro-Accordian and I Vote!
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 01:30:05 AM »
Part of the problem may be time zones. You didn't say which you are in, and it's not obvious to everyone that they can check your profile to get that info.

Offline Andrew Clunn

• Deleted
  • Aspiring Super Villain
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 03:56:14 PM »
alright, I'd be willign to try again if anyone wants to play, but I'm not going to start a game unless someone responds.

Offline JPM

• Keeps Priorities Straight
  • Delusions of Grandeur
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 10:05:30 AM »
OMFG, how did I not see this earlier.

I will reinstall D2 tonight in case you find some more interest and want to try it again.
I usually play it a couple times a year to hold me over until D3 comes out.

Offline Andrew Clunn

• Deleted
  • Aspiring Super Villain
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 10:11:25 AM »
Kick ass.  I can't play tonight, but tomorrow night for sure!  I hate playing online where everyone is overpowered, there's dupping and if you take a break for a few months your characters get erased.  LAN over things like hamachi is the way to go.  Just never have a skeleton Necro with a corpse eating Druid!

Offline Kristomaniac

• Off to a Start
  • Meanwhile, In Hell
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 06:25:28 AM »
I'm glad I saw this!

A suggestion; the games may be a little more interesting if you run a mod. I've been playing the medianXL mod for 6 months now and it blows the regular game out of the water. If not, that's cool, I'll probably still join and play. We can do some low level dueling.

Offline Andrew Clunn

• Deleted
  • Aspiring Super Villain
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 08:59:21 AM »
I'm glad I saw this!

A suggestion; the games may be a little more interesting if you run a mod. I've been playing the medianXL mod for 6 months now and it blows the regular game out of the water. If not, that's cool, I'll probably still join and play. We can do some low level dueling.

I assume you can't play mods on Battle.net, correct?

Offline Kristomaniac

• Off to a Start
  • Meanwhile, In Hell
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2011, 08:26:33 PM »
I'm glad I saw this!

I assume you can't play mods on Battle.net, correct?

It's not "legit" battle.net, but you can play on third party servers with other people running the same mod, Or you can join tcp/ip games with anyone who has the same mod. If you haven't looked into medianXL, check out some "pouncesin" videos on youtube. This mod puts a huge spin on an already great game. The spawns are more challenging, all new professions and skill sets, and the items are incredible, over 200+ new runewords, uniques, and you can craft items. Pretty cool.

Offline Andrew Clunn

• Deleted
  • Aspiring Super Villain
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2011, 08:28:13 PM »
I'll check it out.

personate-rain
personate-rain