Author Topic: Ask a Question "Live" on the SGU  (Read 6382 times)

Offline Johnny Slick

• "Goddammit, Slick."
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Fake Ass Skeptic
Re: Ask a Question "Live" on the SGU
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2011, 02:16:46 AM »
Hey, can I ask Rebecca if she wants to come up to my hotel room for coffee?  >:D
Speak what you think now in hard words, and to-morrow speak what to-morrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said to-day.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline burpy

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2011, 08:04:18 AM »
Awesome! Except that I don't have an accent and don't have anything good to ask (seriously, your show is jam-packed with interesting stuff but all I can think about now is asking Jay about farts and I'm pretty sure that would just get cut).

What do you mean you donĀ“t have an accent? That is my question. Also magnets...etc.
Rejoice not at thine enemy's fall - but don't rush to pick him up either. - Jewish proverb.

Offline Nayabusa

• Brand New
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2011, 07:12:49 PM »
What is the Rogues opinions on the Multi-verse theory? I always defined the universe as everything, all space and matter, visible or not. Why aren't some scientists comfortable with stopping there? I know we want to know if there is and edge and where it is but to me supposing there is no edgde somehow seems easier that supposing multiple other universes, lol, it's kinda like if god created everything, what created god, and then what created that thing.......... If we are in the universe, what is the universe in, and then what is that thing in. seems to me like a finite number of galaxies in a vast segment of space that just goes on until all forms of matter, anti-matter, and dark matter just run out, kinda like a bubble filled with smoke, but not real wall. The wall would just be were all forms of matter stop.

Offline Obviousman

• Triskaidekaphilic
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2011, 09:05:15 AM »
Watching a film about the antivaxxers, Wakefield, etc, and had a question:

Has autism ever occurred in a unvaccinated child?

Thank you!

Offline Cattus

• Brand New
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2011, 02:37:42 AM »
While it seems to me that UFO "sightings" abound in certain parts of the US and not in others, I wonder what the global distribution of such "sightings" is.  And to follow up on what the trend seems to be, why do aliens consistently pick most of their "specimens" from a relatively small geographic area of the US.

Offline Chew

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Juror #8
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2011, 07:49:37 AM »
While it seems to me that UFO "sightings" abound in certain parts of the US and not in others, I wonder what the global distribution of such "sightings" is.  And to follow up on what the trend seems to be, why do aliens consistently pick most of their "specimens" from a relatively small geographic area of the US.

Here's a US UFO sighting density map and a map of US military bases. The UFOs are apparently very interested in studying our military capabilities!

http://sguforums.com/index.php/topic,14719.msg348944.html#msg348944
"3 out of 2 Americans do not understand statistics." -Mark Crislip

Offline Bored Wombat

• Keeps Priorities Straight
  • Wombat of fatarsedfulness.
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2011, 02:47:53 AM »
So that's 10:30am to 11:00am Thursday morning EST here.

Can we just send you a pre-recorded question, and you edit it up to sound like it was live?

Offline zeerust2000

• Off to a Start
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2011, 09:00:36 AM »
Johnny Slick: "Awesome! Except that I don't have an accent ...."

Everyone has an accent.  Except us Australians.
"I think it's unlucky to be superstitious"

personate-rain