Author Topic: lost and found?  (Read 913 times)

Offline 0grae0

• Not Enough Spare Time
  • face-palm for the win!
lost and found?
« on: March 10, 2011, 05:34:31 PM »
wondering if anyone can give me some handy-hints.  I've been teaching myself guitar, piano and singing for a couple of years now, and while i'm no mistro, i'm alright.  Mainly i hugely enjoy playing, helps me deal with stress/bad feelings.

I didn't have much time for it last semester now, and picking my instrument back up and trying to play... i feel like everynoise i make is crap and its quite difficult to get past, especially for vocals cause i get so selfconcious as my housemates used to mention i sing well.. so i know they can hear me...

i know this is mostly cause i'm just "out of practice" but i think i'm really starting to get a mental block with it... tips?  :-\

Offline T.A.P.O.R.

• Stopped Going Outside
Re: lost and found?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 08:10:14 PM »
wondering if anyone can give me some handy-hints.  I've been teaching myself guitar, piano and singing for a couple of years now, and while i'm no mistro, i'm alright.  Mainly i hugely enjoy playing, helps me deal with stress/bad feelings.

I didn't have much time for it last semester now, and picking my instrument back up and trying to play... i feel like everynoise i make is crap and its quite difficult to get past, especially for vocals cause i get so selfconcious as my housemates used to mention i sing well.. so i know they can hear me...

i know this is mostly cause i'm just "out of practice" but i think i'm really starting to get a mental block with it... tips?  :-\

Learn carpentry, build an isolation booth.
That's my plan.

I'm really self conscious about my singing and playing too.
A few weeks ago I got to play as loud as I wanted in an iso booth and it was a huge confidence booster that nobody could hear me, so I actually performed better than usual.

Other than that, just stick with it.
Do you remember thinking that making chords would be impossible, but somehow you managed to learn?
It's just that all over again.

Offline 0grae0

• Not Enough Spare Time
  • face-palm for the win!
Re: lost and found?
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 05:02:34 PM »
ha... yeah i guess... thanks man  :-[

personate-rain