Author Topic: Forum bug in IE 7  (Read 1142 times)

Offline dorbie

• Well Established
Forum bug in IE 7
« on: April 13, 2011, 05:15:50 PM »
This topic:

http://sguforums.com/index.php/topic,34920.30.html

Is not showing all the posts made on the topic when viewed in IE7, but does in Chrome. I see more if I attempt to respond and it warns me that more posts have been made. I can read these posts but it does not show me them on the normal forum topic view unless I switch teh the Chrome browser.

Edit to say it's working in IE7 now....?

Offline AxeGrrl

• in my cell, making a shiv out of a toothbrush and saran wrap
  • Frequent Poster
Re: Forum bug in IE 7
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 03:50:36 PM »
This topic:

http://sguforums.com/index.php/topic,34920.30.html

Is not showing all the posts made on the topic when viewed in IE7, but does in Chrome. I see more if I attempt to respond and it warns me that more posts have been made. I can read these posts but it does not show me them on the normal forum topic view unless I switch teh the Chrome browser.

Edit to say it's working in IE7 now....?

I'm using IE8 and it apparently has the same problem.
"Wouldn't it be much worse if life *were* fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them?' So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Offline le mig

• Not Enough Spare Time
  • Just another dandelion on the winds of forever.
    • My Facebook Info
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 04:39:27 PM »
My immediate guess is that it could have something to do with the way IE is handling the forum's caching features.. It may not be checking to see if a page is new until the last cache limit expires.

I'd think you could easily test this idea by refreshing the page a few-5 times. That should force it to fetch the page to show the new posts.
"Science is nothing but trained and organized common sense, differing from the latter only as a veteran may differ from a raw recruit.. as the guardsman's cut and thrust differ from the manner in which a savage wields his club."
-- T. H. Huxley

Offline TheLostVertex

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 05:34:27 PM »
This is likely the servers caching software inaction. The caching was enabled due to increased load on the servers, somethng that we are working on resolving.

personate-rain
personate-rain