Author Topic: Man in the High Castle (Hide Spoilers!)  (Read 1922 times)

Offline HighPockets

• Frequent Poster
Re: Man in the High Castle (Hide Spoilers!)
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2015, 04:28:50 PM »
You know, I thought I watched this through to the end, but with what you guys are saying I think I missed something. clearly I'm going to have to go back and double check.

I really liked this show,
(click to show/hide)
Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't.

Offline stonesean

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Dumb sailor on the Sea of Awesome
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2015, 09:11:08 AM »
You know, I thought I watched this through to the end, but with what you guys are saying I think I missed something. clearly I'm going to have to go back and double check.

I really liked this show,
(click to show/hide)

Yeah, VonUberMiester will be pretty compelling next season.  The quest for the Reich and the master race is awesome right up until the second it's totally not.
Well.  There it is.

Online amysrevenge

• Baseball-Cap-Beard-Baby Guy
  • Too Much Spare Time
  • The Warhammeriest
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2015, 12:10:32 PM »
Where is it showing?  Network-wise I mean.
Big Mike
Grande Prairie AB Canada

Offline Drunken Idaho

• Natural Blonde
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • Comrade Questions
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2015, 02:08:55 PM »
Where is it showing?  Network-wise I mean.

Amazon Prime
Strange women lying in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government.

Online Tassie Dave

• Frequent Poster
  • Go Tiges
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2019, 01:03:56 AM »
I know thread necromancy is frowned upon, but I doubt this show will get many more comments to warrant a new thread about a completed show.

Did anyone watch this through to the finale?

I liked the whole series and it is one of those few shows that got better each season. I had read the book and once the TV show caught up and went past the end of the book (near the end of S1) it improved.

It did feel a bit rushed in the last half of Season 4. Almost as if they thought they were getting another season, then had to wrap it up quickly when they didn't.
(click to show/hide)

But WTF happened in that last scene? I have looked online and everyone is as confused as me.  ???

(click to show/hide)

I'm not a fan of these open ended endings that leave you to find your own answers.

Still a great TV show and worth watching.

Offline D'oh!

• Frequent Poster
  • Pope of Chili Town
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2019, 01:49:49 AM »
I had the same problem with the ending, too! Up until the very last scene, I thought this was by far the best season. Some really strong episodes peppered throughout, especially the WW II flashback as to how it all began (in this universe).

On the ending:

(click to show/hide)
"The power of Christ compels you!"

Online Tassie Dave

• Frequent Poster
  • Go Tiges
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2019, 02:37:36 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline D'oh!

• Frequent Poster
  • Pope of Chili Town
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2019, 10:48:02 PM »
Thanks for the "never existed" clarification. I didn't catch that before.

I just hope The Mandalorian has a stronger ending when the time comes...
"The power of Christ compels you!"

Offline Eternally Learning

• Master Mr. a.k.a. Methodical Loaf
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • Break a leg, badger!
    • Get Past The 140 Character Limit!
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2019, 02:10:41 AM »
Yeah, I was really torn on the final season.  Up until the ending, it was absolutely fantastic (albeit with plenty of room to debate about the validity of John Smith's choices), but it was wrapped up so abruptly and with some pretty important threads dangling that I'm left fairly unhappy as well. For instance:

(click to show/hide)

I also had some other nit-picks that I wasn't very happy with:

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Soldier of FORTRAN

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Cache rules everything around me.
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2019, 06:13:43 AM »
[Ending Spoilers]

(click to show/hide)

I also had some other nit-picks that I wasn't very happy with:

(click to show/hide)

Ending:
(click to show/hide)

Nitpicks, S4 spoiler:
(click to show/hide)
... in war the screams are loud and harsh and in peace the wail is so drawn-out we tell ourselves we hear nothing.

Online Tassie Dave

• Frequent Poster
  • Go Tiges
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2019, 04:36:28 PM »
I love a show that makes me think about what is going to happen after it finishes.
I will dispense with spoiler tags. The previous posts should tell people we are discussing the ending. So be warned if you haven't watched the show.

We are far from a "and they lived happily ever after" scenario. I'd love to see a 5th season that deals with the aftermath of S4

Europe, Africa and the Middle East is still controlled by the the Reich (and partly by Italy I assume)
East Asia and Oceania is controlled by the Japanese

The Americans have taken over the German territory. The armed forces here are Americans who participated with the massacre of minorities and were brainwashed by racist nazi dogma for almost a generation.
I can't see the BCR (Black Communist Rebellion) giving up the west to another oppressive force that sees them as an inferior race. They will still want a separate part of America for themselves.

The Americans would be decades away from being in a position to oppose the Germans and/or Japanese on foreign soil. It is mentioned that there are 22 atomic bombs on American soil, which they can use to stop the enemy from trying to move back in.

I could see a future where this world splits into 3 superpowers in a world wide cold war.

What are the ramifications of all the people moving in from "our" universe? If they are the people killed by the enemy then there is going to be a large black and Jewish population that is going to be in a worst position than where they came from. They are moving straight into the middle of the former Nazi controlled areas.

The "defeat" of the Japanese and German hold over America could rally the other regions to fight back, resulting in WW3

personate-rain