Author Topic: Rate the last movie you just saw.  (Read 677209 times)

Offline daniel1948

• Happy Man in a Boat
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • I'd rather be paddling
Re: Rate the last movie you just saw.
« Reply #11640 on: April 27, 2019, 07:12:40 PM »
Avengers: Endgame 9/10
Really really good! I didnt enjoy it quite as much as Infinity War but it really surprised me in great ways!

Modified to add:
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
Daniel
----------------
"Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think long and hard before starting a war."
-- Otto von Bismarck

Offline The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Technical Administrator
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #11641 on: April 27, 2019, 08:04:43 PM »
I have not seen the movie, but the above gives me concern that I'll hate it.

You may dislike it for other reasons, but I don’t think that will be one of them.
I would like to propose...that...it is undesirable to believe in a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true. — Bertrand Russell

Offline daniel1948

• Happy Man in a Boat
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • I'd rather be paddling
« Reply #11642 on: April 27, 2019, 08:36:29 PM »

You may dislike it for other reasons, but I don’t think that will be one of them.

Well, I'll probably watch it when it comes out on disc.
Daniel
----------------
"Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think long and hard before starting a war."
-- Otto von Bismarck

Offline Noisy Rhysling

• Stopped Going Outside
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
« Reply #11643 on: April 27, 2019, 08:42:45 PM »

Well, I'll probably watch it when it comes out on disc.
I've been trying to watch "Sokovia Accords II", aka "Batman v Superman" for quite some time.
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Offline The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Technical Administrator
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #11644 on: April 27, 2019, 11:38:07 PM »
Avengers: Endgame - 9/10

It was a very good film, and subverted my expectations at several points (though it fulfilled them in many ways, including the most significant).

(click to show/hide)

The theater I was in was sold out and lively, with people laughing and cheering and applauding at the end.  It was a nice way to see it.
I would like to propose...that...it is undesirable to believe in a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true. — Bertrand Russell

Offline Nosmas

• Keeps Priorities Straight
« Reply #11645 on: April 28, 2019, 05:51:28 AM »
Endgame 9.5/10
(click to show/hide)
Providing yesterday's solutions to today's problems, tomorrow!

Offline Noisy Rhysling

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #11646 on: April 28, 2019, 07:01:11 AM »
I'm sick, Boss Lady is sick, and you guys are raving about a movie I really want to see. I hate all of you.

Except you, of course, you're fine.
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Offline daniel1948

• Happy Man in a Boat
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • I'd rather be paddling
« Reply #11647 on: April 28, 2019, 10:14:49 AM »
These reviews are making me think I won't like the movie at all. That happens sometimes: A very positive review makes a movie seem terrible to me. I'm definitely not sitting in a theater for three hours.
Daniel
----------------
-- Otto von Bismarck

Offline Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Global Moderator
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #11648 on: April 28, 2019, 04:04:06 PM »
Guys- PLEASE teach your kids how to behave in the cinema!!

Offline jt512

• Frequent Poster
    • jt512
« Reply #11649 on: April 28, 2019, 06:40:17 PM »

Kids?  The parents are worse!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ich verstehe nur Bahnhof.

Offline Soldier of FORTRAN

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Cache rules everything around me.
« Reply #11650 on: April 28, 2019, 07:10:21 PM »
If I can't finagle a matinee, I don't go. 

I was once the only person in the theater and it was glorious.
... in war the screams are loud and harsh and in peace the wail is so drawn-out we tell ourselves we hear nothing.

Offline Noisy Rhysling

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #11651 on: April 28, 2019, 07:33:23 PM »
If I can't finagle a matinee, I don't go. 

I was once the only person in the theater and it was glorious.
Ah, so you've seen "Ishtar"?

Offline werecow

• Cryptobovinologist
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • mooh
« Reply #11652 on: April 28, 2019, 07:54:35 PM »
Miss Bala (2019): Woman visiting her friend in Tijuana gets caught up in a war between a cartel and the police/DEA when she witnesses a shootout during a night out. She's being bounced back and forth between these players while trying to locate her missing friend. Haven't seen the original, so I can't comment on which is better, but I'll just judge it on its own merits. The good: It's a tense crime thriller. The bad: Some of the plot is rather contrived, and she makes some annoyingly stupid mistakes along the way. For example,
(click to show/hide)
Nevertheless, the movie is pretty tense (or maybe that was just my general anxiety from the last few weeks speaking), and I found it quite entertaining. The ending is
(click to show/hide)
7.5/10
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 07:58:03 PM by werecow »
Mooohn!

Offline Captain Video

• Superhero of the Silver Screen
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #11653 on: April 28, 2019, 11:07:32 PM »
Im going to have to give Avengers Endgame an 8/10

I may revise my number once I see it again, I had a few issues i'll discuss in the spoiler thread.

Mostly I had a miserable time at the theater

Im going to have to agree here and just say "People suck"!  Babies in the theater, people wont shut up about crap having nothing to do with the film. It was too hot, someone smelled.  I admit this is nobodies fault but I suffer from Misophonia and popcorn eating is a trigger, All I heard was crunch crunch crunch as nobody around me was capable of eating with their mouths shut. it also smells like shit, worse than the guy with the offensive oder.  Only movie popcorn smells that way.

Oh and self service icee machines WTF! people in my area are not capable of pouring their own icee without sticking fingers in the unit and generally making an incredible mess.

Usually I drive to midtown and pay for Adult VIP and none of that happens but there were no VIP seats available today and I wanted to see the film, never again. Its VIP or nothing from now on.

Offline jt512

• Frequent Poster
    • jt512
« Reply #11654 on: April 29, 2019, 06:02:23 AM »
Im going to have to give Avengers Endgame an 8/10

I may revise my number once I see it again, I had a few issues i'll discuss in the spoiler thread.

Mostly I had a miserable time at the theater

Im going to have to agree here and just say "People suck"!  Babies in the theater, people wont shut up about crap having nothing to do with the film. It was too hot, someone smelled.  I admit this is nobodies fault but I suffer from Misophonia and popcorn eating is a trigger, All I heard was crunch crunch crunch as nobody around me was capable of eating with their mouths shut. it also smells like shit, worse than the guy with the offensive oder.  Only movie popcorn smells that way.

After looking up "misophonia," I wonder if I have a borderline case.  I am very sensitive to noise, especially noises associated with eating. 

I actually love the smell and taste of theater popcorn, but theater hot dogs disgust me, both their smell and how people stuff them into their faces.

Usually I drive to midtown and pay for Adult VIP and none of that happens but there were no VIP seats available today and I wanted to see the film, never again. Its VIP or nothing from now on.

I will just about only go to weekday matinees at a local art film house, since the few attendees will generally be retired people belonging to a generation in which courtesy was still a concept.
Ich verstehe nur Bahnhof.

personate-rain
personate-rain