Author Topic: What’s wrong with this picture  (Read 515 times)

Online CarbShark

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
Re: What’s wrong with this picture
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2019, 10:57:04 AM »
Could HimalaSalt be a cover for Monsanto?
Himalaya is is a code for big mountain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
and Donald Trump is President of the United States.

I'm not a doctor, I'm just someone who has done a ton of research into diet and nutrition.

Online Noisy Rhysling

• Stopped Going Outside
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2019, 11:27:10 AM »
Could HimalaSalt be a cover for Monsanto?
Himalaya is is a code for big mountain.

But Mont Santo is code for a sanitary Monty.
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Offline Ah.hell

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2019, 12:45:58 PM »
The only truthful part of that label is that it's gluten-free and non-GMO. Which of course applies to all salt.
It’s also Kosher

It claims to be kosher. But it's claim of being the "purest salt on Earth" is both preposterous and probably false, so if I were keeping kosher I would not trust this salt.

The only claims we know to be true are that it's non-GMO and gluten-free, because there's no such thing as GMO salt, and no salt has gluten.
Really it claims to be certified as Kosher by one of the groups that does such things.  You could say the same of any product label, these eggs claim to be from chickens but all we can really say is that they are eggs. 

Online Noisy Rhysling

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2019, 12:49:06 PM »
The only truthful part of that label is that it's gluten-free and non-GMO. Which of course applies to all salt.
It’s also Kosher

It claims to be kosher. But it's claim of being the "purest salt on Earth" is both preposterous and probably false, so if I were keeping kosher I would not trust this salt.

The only claims we know to be true are that it's non-GMO and gluten-free, because there's no such thing as GMO salt, and no salt has gluten.
Really it claims to be certified as Kosher by one of the groups that does such things.  You could say the same of any product label, these eggs claim to be from chickens but all we can really say is that they are eggs.
P-cawww!!!!

"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Offline daniel1948

• Happy Man in a Boat
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • I'd rather be paddling
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2019, 04:36:15 PM »
It’s also Kosher

I generally trust labels. But this label contains a clear and obvious lie. Therefore I mistrust all its claims other than the ones that always apply to all salt. It claims to be "the purest salt on Earth." Therefore I am not willing to accept the claim that it has been certified Kosher by a recognized agency. I accept that it is non-GMO and gluten-free because all salt is those things.

FWIW, I also do not trust the labels on supplements because CU has tested supplements and found some of them to contain ingredients (including, sometimes, common allergens) not listed on the label, and also found that some of them did not contain the main ingredient listed.
Daniel
----------------
"Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think long and hard before starting a war."
-- Otto von Bismarck

Online CarbShark

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2019, 06:42:31 PM »
Calling it pure salt is not a lie

Calling it pure sodium chloride would be a lie.

In this case they mean it’s salt as mined with no additives.

and Donald Trump is President of the United States.

I'm not a doctor, I'm just someone who has done a ton of research into diet and nutrition.

Online Noisy Rhysling

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2019, 06:46:10 PM »

Calling it pure sodium chloride would be a lie.

In this case they mean it’s salt as mined with no additives.

Iodyin' to know what additives are put into salt.

Online amysrevenge

• Baseball-Cap-Beard-Baby Guy
  • Too Much Spare Time
  • The Warhammeriest
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2019, 06:49:23 PM »

"The purest salt on earth"
Big Mike
Grande Prairie AB Canada

Offline daniel1948

• Happy Man in a Boat
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • I'd rather be paddling
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2019, 07:37:34 PM »
Salt refers to a type of chemical bond. Sodium chloride and potassium chloride are two salts, and there are many others. If there is any material in the container that is not chemically a salt, then it is not pure salt. The fact that it is "pink" tells us that there are impurities giving it a color uncharacteristic of salt.

The label lies when it claims to be "the purest salt on Earth." The purest salt on Earth would be something made in a laboratory to avoid contaminants.

And as a side note, unless you are replacing all your thyroid hormone with levothyroxin, or you live in a place where the ground contains iodine (rare) you should not be using "pure" salt. You should be using iodized salt. The manufacturer of HimalaSalt wants you to think that "pure" means it's better when in fact it's worse. The consequences of iodine deficiency are extremely serious, and this condition was effectively eliminated in the U.S. precisely because nearly all salt sold for kitchen use in the U.S. is NOT pure.
Daniel
----------------
"Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think long and hard before starting a war."
-- Otto von Bismarck

Offline arthwollipot

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Observer of Phenomena
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2019, 08:30:43 PM »
Himalayan salt doesn't actually come from the Himalayas. Most of it is mined in the Salt Range Mountains in Pakistan.
Self-described nerd. Pronouns: He/Him.

Tarvek: There's more to being an evil despot than getting cake whenever you want it.
Agatha: If that's what you think, then you're DOING IT WRONG!

Offline daniel1948

• Happy Man in a Boat
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • I'd rather be paddling
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2019, 08:54:49 PM »
Himalayan salt doesn't actually come from the Himalayas. Most of it is mined in the Salt Range Mountains in Pakistan.

So, the label is even more misleading. But then, food labels usually are. What the "legitimate" ones usually try to avoid are outright lies.
Daniel
----------------
-- Otto von Bismarck

Offline yahjnby

• Brand New
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2019, 03:44:04 PM »
It’s also Kosher

P-cawww!!!!

Lol