Author Topic: Outages and stuff  (Read 6453 times)

Offline rebecca

• Seasoned Contributor
    • http://www.skepchick.org
Outages and stuff
« on: July 30, 2006, 06:31:24 PM »
Hey guys,

Sorry for recent forum outages (you may notice that they tie in with outages over at Skepchick.org blog and forum). We've had a lot of server issues of late, but hopefully they will be solved soon. I'm trying to switch over to a new server, but of course that's never as easy as it sounds.

FYI, we're currently on mu.nu, which is run by Pixy. Pixy is awesome and has given Skepchick free space for the past year, though he's recently come under attack from spammers. Once we make the hop over, I'm hoping we have less downtime. Hoping.

Sorry for the disturbances thus far, but with a little prayer to the Server Goddess we should be okay.
Skepchick <- Now with updated URL for 2012!

Offline rebecca

• Seasoned Contributor
    • http://www.skepchick.org
Outages and stuff
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 01:53:37 PM »
testing!
Skepchick <- Now with updated URL for 2012!

Offline Gilnei

• Well Established
  • Resident Brazilian Skeptic
Outages and stuff
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 02:10:05 PM »
Sorry for the disturbances thus far, but with a little prayer to the Server Goddess we should be okay.

With the examples we've had so far, I wouldn't trust prayer only. I say we take the advice of ancient meso-american religions and make a few ritual sacrifices to the server goddess.

Said sacrifices, of course, must consist of other gods' message boards, being killed in the moonlight. I'm sure it won't be hard to find likely candidates...
Scientists are the leading cause of cancer in lab rats.

Offline Leigh

• Off to a Start
Outages and stuff
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 11:52:31 AM »
Why did I assume this thread would be about homosexuality and the church?
quot;When you hear people in church debasing themselves and saying that they are miserable sinners, and all the rest of it, it seems contemptible and not worthy of self-respecting human beings": Bertrand Russell
www.stephenjaygould.org/ctrl/library.html

Offline cosmicvagabond

• Frequent Poster
Outages and stuff
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 02:38:10 PM »
I met a Server Goddess at Hooters once. When she bent over to serve me my beer...I was in Heaven!   :wink:
Bold ideas, unjustified anticipations, and speculative thoughts are our only means for interpreting nature... Those among us who are unwilling to expose their ideas to the hazard of refutation do not take part in the scientific game.    ---Karl Popper, "The Logic of Scientific Discovery"