Author Topic: SGU 24  (Read 57021 times)

Offline Chew

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Juror #8
Re: SGU 24
« Reply #285 on: October 20, 2011, 09:46:05 AM »
"3 out of 2 Americans do not understand statistics." -Mark Crislip

Offline cshorey

• Seasoned Contributor
    • Earth and Environmental Systems Podcast
« Reply #286 on: October 24, 2011, 10:10:08 PM »
If you get the mini-pony to the set I will ride that fucker!
Just wanted to quote it.  That's all.

Offline rlquinn1980

• Off to a Start
  • Member of Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow
« Reply #287 on: November 12, 2011, 05:20:59 PM »

Offline Chew

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Juror #8

Offline rlquinn1980

• Off to a Start
  • Member of Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow
« Reply #289 on: November 12, 2011, 08:09:44 PM »
It works for me.

Um, good for you, but it doesn't help me much. :( Any idea what I'm missing on my end? Is justin.tv browser picky? The advert loaded fine. My pop ups are not turned off (I don't even have any addons/widgets running at the moment). Past the ad, it won't play.

Offline Chew

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Juror #8
« Reply #290 on: November 12, 2011, 08:17:51 PM »
It works for me.

Um, good for you, but it doesn't help me much. :( Any idea what I'm missing on my end? Is justin.tv browser picky? The advert loaded fine. My pop ups are not turned off (I don't even have any addons/widgets running at the moment). Past the ad, it won't play.

It works in Firefox and I use adblock in Firefox. Works in IE, too.

Offline Kay-Ole

• Brand New
« Reply #291 on: April 09, 2015, 01:51:35 AM »
Justin.TV is no more. Any chance the vidoes from SGU24 will ever come back online somewhere? Im going through all of the episodes from before I descovered SGU, and am quickly coming up to september 2011, in wich the SGU24-show is mentioned time and time again. I would love to see it!

Offline Raxabaka

• Brand New
« Reply #292 on: April 10, 2015, 12:35:26 PM »
Adding my request to Kay-Ole. I only discovered SGU last year and I'm now past the point of them mentioning SGU 24 but I could not find a copy of the videos online. Does anyone have a copy that they can stick up on a fileshare somewhere?

Online Eternally Learning

• Master Mr. a.k.a. Methodical Loaf
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • Break a leg, badger!
    • Get Past The 140 Character Limit!
« Reply #293 on: April 10, 2015, 03:02:18 PM »
I seem to recall several requests for being able to find this online afterwards and not having much luck.  When it aired, it was plagued (at least initially from what I remember) with technical issues making it impossible to catch the opening among other parts so a lot of people were clamoring it for it.  I don't know why they don't just update it to Youtube or something, but unfortunately I think they've chosen not to make it available.

Offline werecow

• Cryptobovinologist
  • Frequent Poster
  • mooh
« Reply #294 on: April 10, 2015, 07:16:40 PM »
I did record an mp3 of that show. It should have most of it. It's a rough recording though, no editing (I think I lost the connection once or twice, and there was no audio at the beginning because of aforementioned technical issues), and obviously no video. But I'd be willing to upload that somewhere if the rogues don't object. Just not sure where.
Mooohn!

Offline snowy

• Off to a Start
« Reply #295 on: May 02, 2015, 12:25:47 AM »
I have all 13 videos that were hosted at http://sgu24index.wikidot.com/ (5.2GB of FLV files). Could upload them to Mega next week, or some other place that doesn't require a paid account if anyone has any suggestions.

BTW, where's the SGU10 thread? That's what I was searching for when I landed here...
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 04:01:17 AM by snowy »

Offline werecow

• Cryptobovinologist
  • Frequent Poster
  • mooh
« Reply #296 on: May 02, 2015, 11:36:34 AM »
Don't know about the thread. but the show will be here it seems: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cejz0ioUs0&feature=youtu.be
Mooohn!

Offline Raxabaka

• Brand New
« Reply #297 on: June 29, 2015, 04:59:48 PM »
Hey Snowy

If you could upload those somewhere, that would be fantastic. Not sure if the Rogues would have an issue with it. Still waiting for more than Part 1 of SGU10 to come out

Offline rwh

• Off to a Start
  • SGU Transcriber
    • roblog
« Reply #298 on: August 04, 2015, 03:03:12 AM »
I also have the original FLV files and I've just given a copy to Jay, who is going to put them up on the SGU YouTube channel.  In the meantime, here's my YouTube playlist.  There's also links to audio and stuff on the SGUTranscripts page.
w00t!

Offline ReliefTwitcher

• Off to a Start
« Reply #299 on: August 09, 2015, 04:14:39 PM »
Perhaps you should have a doctor on hand, a neurologist perhaps, just to make sure none of you suffer brain damage.

And a Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy chamber, in case you do!

By the way, I have been hearing very professional-sounding ads lately on my local radio station touting all the ailments that can be treated by HBOT, including autism.  Perhaps you could devote some time to the topic of ethics in the advertising of pseudo-scientific treatments.  I have not heard any disclaimers in these ads that would indicate that this treatment is anything other than standard conventional medicine.  How does the fact that HBOT does have some legitimate uses factor into the equation?