Author Topic: 30 greatest live rock acts  (Read 1340 times)

Offline superdave

• Stopped Going Outside
30 greatest live rock acts
« on: June 19, 2011, 01:22:43 PM »
http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/the-30-greatest-live-acts-in-the-world-today-462684

I don't usually like online lists, but this is one where I can't argue much with anything on here.  Sadly seeing all these acts would probably cost a grand or two.
I disavow anyone in the movement involved in any illegal,unethical, sexist, or racist behavior. However, I don't have the energy or time to investigate each person and case, and a lack of individual disavowals for each incident should not be construed as condoning such behavior.

Offline Scybert

• Off to a Start
Re: 30 greatest live rock acts
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 09:22:24 AM »
I've noticed that I can copy a sound bitstream without a problem.  Copying someone's ticket leads to problems.

Offline Karyn

• Forum Sexologist
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • currently recuiting for my lesbian cabal.
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 09:28:25 AM »
There is no Gogol Bordello on that list.  I've seen a lot of concerts, and they are one of the best live shows out there.  I'm disappointed.

Offline superdave

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 10:32:48 AM »
There is no Gogol Bordello on that list.  I've seen a lot of concerts, and they are one of the best live shows out there.  I'm disappointed.

I've seen Gogol and while they do put on a great a show, it's not even close to Rush or Maiden.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 01:14:06 PM by superdave »
I disavow anyone in the movement involved in any illegal,unethical, sexist, or racist behavior. However, I don't have the energy or time to investigate each person and case, and a lack of individual disavowals for each incident should not be construed as condoning such behavior.

Offline SQ the ΣΛ/IGMд

• Atheist extraordinaire
  • Pondering the cosmos since 1969
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 10:38:35 AM »
22 - Aerosmith (seen them twice)
21 - McCartney (going to see him in 2 weeks)
14 - Bon Jovi (saw them many, many years ago)
13 - Roger Waters (saw Pink Floyd in '87)
12 - Foo Fighters (going to see them in September)
3 - GnR (saw them many years ago - opened for Aerosmith)

WOOT!

Would love to see the Stones and U2
"That's ridiculous, spooks. That's silly!" ~ The Tin Woodsman - The Wizard of Oz ~

"Like it or not, we are stuck with science.  We had better make the best of it." ~ Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World ~

Offline Plastiq

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 01:23:19 PM »
There's some pretty disparate acts on that list; wonder what the criteria are.

Offline Calinthalus

• Stopped Going Outside
    • My Page
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 01:33:33 PM »

22 - Aerosmith, saw them on the Pump tour.
14 - Bon Jovi, saw them a long time ago...didn't much care for them.  Skid Row was the opening act and was much better in my opinion (at the time)...but I was somewhere like 16 at the time.
8  - Metallica, saw them on the Justice tour.  One of my favorite concerts ever.
7  - AC/DC, saw them somewhere around '89.  Love the cannons.
3  - Guns N Roses, saw them on the Illusion tour @ '91.  Soundgarden opened for them.  Great show, don't remember the second half...or getting home for that matter.

I would love to see Maiden and Rush.  But I haven't been to a concert in a dogs age.  Nominally, I'm a metalhead...but I'd feel like Brian Posehn in "Metal By Numbers"

This is the mosh part! MOSH!!!
Or don't. It's your call. I'm too old

I just stand in the back and try not to get hit.
"I think computer viruses should count as life. Maybe it says something about human nature, that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. Talk about creating life in our own image."
--Stephen Hawking

Offline David E.

• Contentedly Misanthropic.
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 01:48:14 PM »
I have to hand it to Iron Maiden.  They look, sound, and perform like guys in their mid 30's not mid+ 50's.  Bruce Dickinson warms up by singing their set while rollerblading.  Their latest album sucked tho, not one really good song on it.

People are so used to criticizing religion in whispers, that a normal voice, sounds like a shout.

personate-rain