Author Topic: NFL 2011 thread  (Read 50169 times)

Offline David E.

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Contentedly Misanthropic.
People are so used to criticizing religion in whispers, that a normal voice, sounds like a shout.

Offline jaypee

• Astronaut Mike Dexter
"If I were an Algebra teacher I'd give everyone a letter grade but they'd have to figure out the value of the letter" -- A friend of mine

Offline jaypee

• Astronaut Mike Dexter
Re: NFL 2011 thread
« Reply #1097 on: March 22, 2012, 03:54:38 PM »
OMFG.

Afghanistan.

Iran.

The Economy.

Health care.

Cap and trade.

Balancing the budget.

"What are six things that Dick Durbin should be more worried about than NFL bounties, Alex?"

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7722853/new-orleans-saints-senator-dick-durbin-sets-hearing-bounties-nfl
"If I were an Algebra teacher I'd give everyone a letter grade but they'd have to figure out the value of the letter" -- A friend of mine

Offline David E.

« Reply #1098 on: March 22, 2012, 04:24:07 PM »
Yeah I saw that softball issue story.
People are so used to criticizing religion in whispers, that a normal voice, sounds like a shout.

Offline jawmo

• Congenitally Ostentatious
  • Frequent Poster
  • Fast 'n bulbous
« Reply #1099 on: March 22, 2012, 07:43:19 PM »
I want to start a bounty fund right now to take out Dick Durbin.

One possibility, Durbin explained, would be to extend federal sports bribery laws to cover bounties, so that "if someone offers in a team sports situation some sort of value, money or otherwise, to intentionally hurt another player, that, in fact, would be a crime."

What's with this moron? The Saints aren't even in the NFC Central.
Objectivity is sacrificed in the service of higher goals.
-- C. Sagan, "The Demon-Haunted World"

Offline jaypee

• Astronaut Mike Dexter
« Reply #1100 on: March 22, 2012, 08:12:26 PM »
I want to start a bounty fund right now to take out Dick Durbin.

One possibility, Durbin explained, would be to extend federal sports bribery laws to cover bounties, so that "if someone offers in a team sports situation some sort of value, money or otherwise, to intentionally hurt another player, that, in fact, would be a crime."

What's with this moron? The Saints aren't even in the NFC Central.

He's running a draw play, or maybe it's a fumblerewski. Either way, he's trying to distract people from the horrid shittiness of the US Senate by highlighting the underlying horrid shittiness.

Offline Johnny Slick

• "Goddammit, Slick."
  • Fake Ass Skeptic
« Reply #1101 on: March 22, 2012, 08:13:40 PM »
So he's basically the Tim Tebow of the Senate?
Speak what you think now in hard words, and to-morrow speak what to-morrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said to-day.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline jaypee

• Astronaut Mike Dexter
« Reply #1102 on: March 27, 2012, 04:51:57 PM »
So apparently the Jets are saying that they're going to give Tebow like 20 snaps a game.. so you're going to give him basically half of the offensive snaps in a game?

How do the Jets not realize that the Wildcat didn't stop being effective because the Jets and the Dolphins didn't have the right players to execute it anymore, it stopped being effective because it's a trick play and eventually opposing coaches figured out how to counter it?

Hiring Tony Sparano to replace Schottenheimer was like hiring a pile of horse shit to replace a pile of dog shit. Sure, it will smell better and be less offensive, but it's still a pile of shit.

Offline David E.

« Reply #1103 on: March 27, 2012, 05:47:57 PM »
The only question for the AFC East next season is who will win the WC: Bills or Dolphins. 

Offline jawmo

• Frequent Poster
  • Fast 'n bulbous
« Reply #1104 on: March 27, 2012, 08:08:44 PM »
So apparently the Jets are saying that they're going to give Tebow like 20 snaps a game.. so you're going to give him basically half of the offensive snaps in a game?

How do the Jets not realize that the Wildcat didn't stop being effective because the Jets and the Dolphins didn't have the right players to execute it anymore, it stopped being effective because it's a trick play and eventually opposing coaches figured out how to counter it?

Hiring Tony Sparano to replace Schottenheimer was like hiring a pile of horse shit to replace a pile of dog shit. Sure, it will smell better and be less offensive, but it's still a pile of shit.

Have you ever smelled horse shit? It stinks waaay worse than dog shit. And the Jets are destined to implode this year.

Offline Johnny Slick

• "Goddammit, Slick."
  • Fake Ass Skeptic
« Reply #1105 on: March 28, 2012, 12:31:10 AM »
Really? Because dog poop makes me retch when I have (had) to pick it up (back when I owned a dog) whereas I don't know, maybe it's the vegetable content or something but horse poop just smells like horse poop. I mean, it doesn't smell *good* or anything.

Wait, what was this about again?
Speak what you think now in hard words, and to-morrow speak what to-morrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said to-day.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline jawmo

• Frequent Poster
  • Fast 'n bulbous
« Reply #1106 on: March 28, 2012, 02:25:21 AM »
Put it this way: a horse eats the equivalent of a medium-size dog per day in hay and oats (or something like it). The fecal exudate may not be worse smelling on a pound-for-pound basis, but there's a lot more of it!

And, contrary to popular belief, Tebow's shit stinks too.

Offline stonesean

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Dumb sailor on the Sea of Awesome
« Reply #1107 on: March 28, 2012, 02:50:42 AM »
So, I'm just trying to make sure I didn't totally miss something during my last 20 years of watching football.....

We all know for certain that Mark Sanchez is a better QB than Tim Tebow, right?

I mean, if we don't all know that, then I'm beginning to think that I actually have no idea what I'm watching when I view a football game....
Well.  There it is.

Offline David E.

« Reply #1108 on: March 28, 2012, 06:56:29 AM »
So, I'm just trying to make sure I didn't totally miss something during my last 20 years of watching football.....

We all know for certain that Mark Sanchez is a better QB than Tim Tebow, right?

I mean, if we don't all know that, then I'm beginning to think that I actually have no idea what I'm watching when I view a football game....

Tebow is a publicity stunt QB.  As to Sanchez being better?  I am honestly not sure. 

Offline jaypee

• Astronaut Mike Dexter
« Reply #1109 on: March 28, 2012, 09:34:43 AM »

Have you ever smelled horse shit? It stinks waaay worse than dog shit. And the Jets are destined to implode this year.

I own a dog, and when I was in Boy Scouts I used to muck out the stables for three horses. I would so rather muck out three horses' worth of poop every day than pick up the foul-smelling excrement left by my wife's 15-lb. chihuahua three times a day.

personate-rain