Author Topic: NFL 2011 thread  (Read 47844 times)

Online Calinthalus

• Too Much Spare Time
    • My Page
Re: NFL 2011 thread
« Reply #1110 on: March 28, 2012, 09:41:44 AM »
So apparently the Jets are saying that they're going to give Tebow like 20 snaps a game.. so you're going to give him basically half of the offensive snaps in a game?

How do the Jets not realize that the Wildcat didn't stop being effective because the Jets and the Dolphins didn't have the right players to execute it anymore, it stopped being effective because it's a trick play and eventually opposing coaches figured out how to counter it?

Hiring Tony Sparano to replace Schottenheimer was like hiring a pile of horse shit to replace a pile of dog shit. Sure, it will smell better and be less offensive, but it's still a pile of shit.

Have you ever smelled horse shit? It stinks waaay worse than dog shit. And the Jets are destined to implode this year.

I own a dog, and when I was in Boy Scouts I used to muck out the stables for three horses. I would so rather muck out three horses' worth of poop every day than pick up the foul-smelling excrement left by my wife's 15-lb. chihuahua three times a day.
15 lb Chihuahua??? Lord, what are they feeding that thing?
"I think computer viruses should count as life. Maybe it says something about human nature, that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. Talk about creating life in our own image."
--Stephen Hawking

Offline jaypee

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Astronaut Mike Dexter
« Reply #1111 on: March 28, 2012, 09:49:39 AM »
She's a mutt from Puerto Rico. She's like 1/2 chihuahua and 1/2 doberman or something.

Strange things happen when you introduce a population of dogs to an island, then largely let them roam free and breed as they see fit.
"If I were an Algebra teacher I'd give everyone a letter grade but they'd have to figure out the value of the letter" -- A friend of mine

Online Calinthalus

• Too Much Spare Time
    • My Page
« Reply #1112 on: March 28, 2012, 09:55:30 AM »
She's a mutt from Puerto Rico. She's like 1/2 chihuahua and 1/2 doberman or something.

Strange things happen when you introduce a population of dogs to an island, then largely let them roam free and breed as they see fit.
Hmm, a chihuahua dobie mix.  I hope the bitch was the dobie and the sire found a step ladder.  The alternative is painful to think on.../shudder.
"I think computer viruses should count as life. Maybe it says something about human nature, that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. Talk about creating life in our own image."
--Stephen Hawking

Offline jaypee

• Astronaut Mike Dexter
« Reply #1113 on: March 28, 2012, 10:16:39 AM »

Hmm, a chihuahua dobie mix.  I hope the bitch was the dobie and the sire found a step ladder.  The alternative is painful to think on.../shudder.

Yeah, no matter which way you think about it, it's pretty hilarious.
"If I were an Algebra teacher I'd give everyone a letter grade but they'd have to figure out the value of the letter" -- A friend of mine

Offline Johnny Slick

• "Goddammit, Slick."
  • Fake Ass Skeptic
« Reply #1114 on: March 28, 2012, 10:17:48 AM »
So, I'm just trying to make sure I didn't totally miss something during my last 20 years of watching football.....

We all know for certain that Mark Sanchez is a better QB than Tim Tebow, right?

I mean, if we don't all know that, then I'm beginning to think that I actually have no idea what I'm watching when I view a football game....

Tebow is a publicity stunt QB.  As to Sanchez being better?  I am honestly not sure.
Sanchez is an NFL quality QB - maybe not a great one but he is at that level - and that therefore makes him way better than Tebow.
Speak what you think now in hard words, and to-morrow speak what to-morrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said to-day.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline jaypee

• Astronaut Mike Dexter
« Reply #1115 on: March 28, 2012, 10:39:29 AM »
Not that I'm disputing the point that Sanchez is more of an NFL-caliber QB than Tebow, but Sanchez is fucking atrocious. His QB/INT is exactly even last I checked, and he barely has a winning record as a QB.

Offline jawmo

• Congenitally Ostentatious
  • Frequent Poster
  • Fast 'n bulbous
« Reply #1116 on: March 28, 2012, 07:44:16 PM »
I don't think it matters much who is QB of the Jets next year. The starting WRs will likely be a disgruntled prima donna named Santonio Holmes and some guy named Jeremy Kerley, who caught 29 balls for a grand total of 1 TD. Dustin Keller is a quality TE, but beyond that Sanchez/Tebow don't have a lot of talented targets. The O-line is talented but not deep, as the Jets discovered when Nick Mangold went down for a couple games with the dreaded high ankle sprain. Now that they've released LaDanian, the only two RBs I see on their depth chart are Shonn Greene and Joe McKnight.

If I'm Tebow looking at this roster, I'm thinking, "Oh Lord, what did I ever do to deserve this??"
Objectivity is sacrificed in the service of higher goals.
-- C. Sagan, "The Demon-Haunted World"

Offline jaypee

• Astronaut Mike Dexter
« Reply #1117 on: March 29, 2012, 06:36:29 AM »
I don't think it matters much who is QB of the Jets next year. The starting WRs will likely be a disgruntled prima donna named Santonio Holmes and some guy named Jeremy Kerley, who caught 29 balls for a grand total of 1 TD. Dustin Keller is a quality TE, but beyond that Sanchez/Tebow don't have a lot of talented targets. The O-line is talented but not deep, as the Jets discovered when Nick Mangold went down for a couple games with the dreaded high ankle sprain. Now that they've released LaDanian, the only two RBs I see on their depth chart are Shonn Greene and Joe McKnight.

If I'm Tebow looking at this roster, I'm thinking, "Oh Lord, what did I ever do to deserve this??"

My guess would be masturbating.

Offline SQ the ΣΛ/IGMд

• Atheist extraordinaire
  • Pondering the cosmos since 1969
« Reply #1118 on: March 30, 2012, 10:26:09 AM »

My guess would be masturbating praying.

FTFY
"That's ridiculous, spooks. That's silly!" ~ The Tin Woodsman - The Wizard of Oz ~

"Like it or not, we are stuck with science.  We had better make the best of it." ~ Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World ~

Offline jaypee

• Astronaut Mike Dexter
« Reply #1119 on: April 03, 2012, 04:35:48 PM »
Morris Claiborne scores 4 out of 50 on the Wonderlic

Our Lads--a site whose draft info I've found pretty accurate--ranks him as the No. 5 pick going to Tampa.

http://ourlads.com/nfl-mock-draft/2012/

Offline Johnny Slick

• "Goddammit, Slick."
  • Fake Ass Skeptic
« Reply #1120 on: April 03, 2012, 04:58:24 PM »
I don't know about that thing. IIRC Marshawn Lynch scored a 14 the first time he took it and a 42(!) the second time (yes, that Marshawn Lynch).
Speak what you think now in hard words, and to-morrow speak what to-morrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said to-day.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline jaypee

• Astronaut Mike Dexter
« Reply #1121 on: April 04, 2012, 06:05:11 AM »
Because it's fucking simple. The test is easy.

Listen, the point is that even if Claiborne just answered "A" for every question because he didn't care about the test he should have scored higher.

The real point is that Claiborne is probably illiterate, which means that LSU is blatantly violating NCAA rules, and as the host of a local sports talk show said, "if I'm the NCAA I'd think about investigating LSU, because I gotta tell ya, there's a pot of gold at the end of that rainbow"

Offline jaypee

• Astronaut Mike Dexter
« Reply #1122 on: April 05, 2012, 12:53:28 PM »

Offline SQ the ΣΛ/IGMд

• Atheist extraordinaire
  • Pondering the cosmos since 1969
« Reply #1123 on: April 06, 2012, 09:58:47 PM »
Just wanted to remind you guys that...

(click to show/hide)

just in case you forgot.  :P
"That's ridiculous, spooks. That's silly!" ~ The Tin Woodsman - The Wizard of Oz ~

"Like it or not, we are stuck with science.  We had better make the best of it." ~ Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World ~

Offline jaypee

• Astronaut Mike Dexter
« Reply #1124 on: April 08, 2012, 10:41:57 AM »
Just wanted to remind you guys that...

(click to show/hide)

just in case you forgot.  :P

Yeah, well Eli Manning still looks like he's pooped his pants at any given moment, and Tom Coughlin always looks like he's disappointed in Eli for having done so even though they've talked about doing that several times now.

personate-rain