Author Topic: Exposing PseudoAstronomy Podcast 169: Modern Eclipse Lunacy, Part 3: Hoagland  (Read 68477 times)

Offline Desert Fox

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
If I remember that star, it is a low mess star (Maybe 0.8 solar masses) that is suppose to soon go into into its red giant stage?
I have had a JW creationist use it as an argument against cosmology myself. 
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 05:00:39 PM by Desert Fox »
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline astrostu

• Well Established
Re: Exposing PseudoAstronomy Podcast 167: Modern Eclipse Lunacy, Part 2: Flat Ea
« Reply #797 on: November 15, 2017, 01:12:46 AM »
Eclipse lunacy,
This time from flat Earth folks, and
What they thought of it.

Episode 167, "Modern Eclipse Lunacy, Part 2: Flat Earth," has been posted.

Offline astrostu

• Well Established
Fine-tuned Universe:
Not just for creationists
Anymore. Let's see ...

Episode 168, "Common (and False) Fine-Tuned Universe Beliefs, Discussed," has been posted.

Offline daniel1948

• Hasn't
  • Too Much Spare Time
  • Cat Lovers Against the Bomb
Fine-tuned Universe:
Not just for creationists
Anymore. Let's see ...

Episode 168, "Common (and False) Fine-Tuned Universe Beliefs, Discussed," has been posted.

I interpreted one of Whitley Streiber's claims a little differently than you did: Regarding the moon and wind: I think his point was that because the moon's tidal effect has slowed down the rotation of the Earth, winds are weaker than they used to be because when it first formed, the Earth was spinning so fast that winds were stronger.

I think he's wrong. But I think you didn't address his actual claim.

Love your show.
Daniel
----------------
"Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think long and hard before starting a war."
-- Otto von Bismarck

Offline astrostu

• Well Established
Re: Exposing PseudoAstronomy Podcast 169: Modern Eclipse Lunacy, Part 3: Hoagland
« Reply #800 on: December 22, 2017, 12:50:59 PM »
Richard C. Hoagland:
Of course he has claims about
The solar eclipse.

Episode 169, "Modern Eclipse Lunacy, Part 3: Richard Hoagland's Claims," has been posted.

personate-rain