Author Topic: Remake of "Cosmos" to be made featuring Neil Tyson  (Read 7446 times)

Offline T.A.P.O.R.

• Stopped Going Outside
Re: Remake of "Cosmos" to be made featuring Neil Tyson
« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2012, 11:14:26 PM »
According to Skepticality
Current estimate is that the airing will be in 2014 due to schedule delays.

:(

this episode of Big Picture Science has Neil discussing it
http://radio.seti.org/episodes/Seth_s_Cabinet_of_Wonders

Offline hollow-man

• Off to a Start
« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2017, 03:49:09 AM »
In reply to this thread and to the SG "Cosmos" podcast around the same time ...
Well, Mr. Tyson is in the newz again, promotin' his new basics physics book.

Hmmm .... don't get me wrong... I have nothing against his kind. I mean, like, I voted for Barack both times. I mean he is The Man. If he somehow re-ran for anything, I'd wear his dirty drawers.
But I dunno about NdT. I mean the brothea may be better than Sagan. But after all, Carl got the PBS contact 'cause he filled the minority quota (Sagan was Jewish).
 PBS was progressive, man: I mean Sesame Street was full o' da underclass ... since the early 70's. Ernie was a wetback, right. And PBS even gave Morgan Freeman a break on The Electric Company ...

Hey, growin' up in rural Iowa, I never personally talked to a N---er 'till I visited the big city. But this over-representation of the Afro race gets us Whities all po'd ... and ... uh ... sways our votes for Trump.
2020 .... you bet.

Below ... the "READ" public service campaign from the 1980. Because most minorities are BORN handicap and need help with this basic skill:

Offline Noisy Rhysling

• Well Established
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2017, 06:37:14 AM »
Got that one. Left it on my wife's pillow while she was at work and sent a text. "Neil deGrasse Tyson" is waiting for you in your bed.
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Offline hollow-man

• Off to a Start
« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2017, 07:54:31 PM »
I gotta a Warning in my PM box from the SGFU "gods":
[Note that I save all my posts in HTML as well as screen-capture them. In case they are ever censored or deleted. ]
You have received a warning for posting offensive material in regards to the message:
Re: Remake of 'Cosmos' to be made featuring Neil Tyson .

Please cease these activities and abide by the forum rules otherwise we will take further action.

Regards,
The Skeptics Guide to the Universe Forums Team.

If you are "offended", you are not being scientific ... ergo, skeptical. Y'all have an unflushed day.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 07:56:54 PM by hollow-man »

Offline Louie

• Actually three chimps tag-teaming a keyboard.
  • Global Moderator
  • Frequent Poster
  • Let the elephant make everything kushtee.
« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2017, 02:24:55 PM »
I gotta a Warning in my PM box from the SGFU "gods":
[Note that I save all my posts in HTML as well as screen-capture them. In case they are ever censored or deleted. ]

Uh, noted. Congratulations. I imagine posterity would breathe a sigh of relief.

If you are "offended", you are not being scientific ... ergo, skeptical. Y'all have an unflushed day.

As much as I enjoyed that rhetorical flourish, you're still expected to stick to the Forum Rules. If you wish to debate this further - although the 'flushed day' seemed like a great natural closing point to me - please open a thread in the Forum Admin and Rules sub-forum.
"It can't end like this. Tell them I said something." - Pancho Villa's last words (1923).

personate-rain