Author Topic: My audiobook playlist  (Read 9336 times)

Offline pandamonium

• Skeptical Beer Inspector
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • they/them
Re: My audiobook playlist
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2012, 05:37:12 PM »
Finished Dark Tower III.

Next up, Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson.
Is this related to his Mistborn series?
I am become destroyer of biology.

Offline MikeHz

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2012, 09:22:19 PM »
Currently, "Moonwalking With Einstein." Next up, "A Storm of Swords."
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." Mark Twain

Offline David E.

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Contentedly Misanthropic.
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2012, 11:00:21 PM »
Listening to a silly little Superhero/villain story:  Confessions of a D-List Supervillain by Jim Bernheimer, I downloaded it almost at Random.  It's quite entertaining.  Also listening to Packing for Mars.
People are so used to criticizing religion in whispers, that a normal voice, sounds like a shout.

Online amysrevenge

• Baseball-Cap-Beard-Baby Guy
  • Too Much Spare Time
  • The Warhammeriest
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2012, 10:43:15 AM »
Finished Dark Tower III.

Yeah.  He's trying something new (at least as far as I have ever seen), and fast-forwarding his "medieval fantasy" setting to a "western/steam-era" setting.  I've seen interviews where he talks about a pending fast-forward to space opera for the same setting.

I'm about 60% through, and I'm enjoying it (but I'm biased because I like Brandon's style in general, and the narrator is one of my favourites whom I'd listen to reading the back of ceral boxes).
Big Mike
Grande Prairie AB Canada

Offline pandamonium

• Planetary Skeptic
  • they/them
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2012, 03:36:35 PM »
Finished Dark Tower III.

Yeah.  He's trying something new (at least as far as I have ever seen), and fast-forwarding his "medieval fantasy" setting to a "western/steam-era" setting.  I've seen interviews where he talks about a pending fast-forward to space opera for the same setting.

I'm about 60% through, and I'm enjoying it (but I'm biased because I like Brandon's style in general, and the narrator is one of my favourites whom I'd listen to reading the back of ceral boxes).
Excellent. I have at least one credit that I haven't used. I, too, love Sanderson almost unconditionally. I've been pimping his works for years - I bought the first Mistborn based on the awesome cover art and also enjoyed the story inside. Yes. I judged a book by it's cover. It works sometimes. :D

Online amysrevenge

• Too Much Spare Time
  • The Warhammeriest
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2012, 03:50:15 PM »
He wrote in a character who does accents, and I'm reasonably sure he was thinking the whole time "Lets see how Michael Kramer deals with this, muhuhahahahaha!"
Big Mike
Grande Prairie AB Canada

Offline pandamonium

• Planetary Skeptic
  • they/them
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2012, 04:08:03 PM »
He wrote in a character who does accents, and I'm reasonably sure he was thinking the whole time "Lets see how Michael Kramer deals with this, muhuhahahahaha!"
Oh, sweet, Michael Kramer. He's good people. Also, lol.

Online amysrevenge

• Too Much Spare Time
  • The Warhammeriest
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2012, 12:29:11 PM »
Finished Alloy of Law, and also Howl's Moving Castle (review in the other thread).

Now queued up, Wizard and Glass, the 4th Dark Tower book (about 8 hours in right now).  This one is twice as long as the previous one.  I'm well into the tale of Roland's youth, and it turns out that the one Dark Tower graphic novel that I read (before realizing that I'd rather wait until after I finish the actual books) covered this part.
Big Mike
Grande Prairie AB Canada

Offline David E.

« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2012, 01:30:16 PM »
Finished Alloy of Law, and also Howl's Moving Castle (review in the other thread).

Now queued up, Wizard and Glass, the 4th Dark Tower book (about 8 hours in right now).  This one is twice as long as the previous one.  I'm well into the tale of Roland's youth, and it turns out that the one Dark Tower graphic novel that I read (before realizing that I'd rather wait until after I finish the actual books) covered this part.

Best book in the whole series.
People are so used to criticizing religion in whispers, that a normal voice, sounds like a shout.

Offline pandamonium

• Planetary Skeptic
  • they/them
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2012, 03:33:53 PM »

Best book in the whole series.
+1

Offline David E.

« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2012, 10:33:16 PM »
Listening to a very good Dramatization of Bram Stokers' Dracula. 

Offline pandamonium

• Planetary Skeptic
  • they/them
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2012, 06:39:25 PM »
I'm listening to The Windup Girl by Paolo Bacigalupi. It's a little slow, but interesting. I'm trying to get into it, but, like I said, the pacing is kind of slow.

Online amysrevenge

• Too Much Spare Time
  • The Warhammeriest
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2012, 10:53:34 AM »
Yesterday I finished Wizard and Glass.  Sooooooooo good.  Apparently there is a narrator change for the rest of the series, and reviews are poor.  I'm sure I'll still like them though.

Up now, Harry Dresden book 11, Turn Coat.  I've heard some spoilers of what comes next in the series so I've been delaying listening (also, I don't want to run out).
Big Mike
Grande Prairie AB Canada

Offline David E.

« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2012, 12:11:13 PM »
Both Narrators for the DT series are excellent. 

Online amysrevenge

• Too Much Spare Time
  • The Warhammeriest
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2012, 10:31:25 AM »
The narrator for Wolves of the Calla (which I finished) was not as good as the previous one, but it was still good.

Finished Harry Dresden 11 and 12, working on Dark Tower 6, Song of Susannah now.  Just started it last night.
Big Mike
Grande Prairie AB Canada

personate-rain
personate-rain