Author Topic: Four Yorkshiremen  (Read 1099 times)

Offline Anders

• Deleted
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
Four Yorkshiremen
« on: October 26, 2011, 07:31:06 AM »
Inspired by a skit written by Tim Brooke-Taylor, John Cleese, Graham Chapman and Marty Feldman.

So, the trick is to tell the person before you how much worse a childhood you had. But pacing, people. Don't go overboard in the first reply. The traditional answer to an unimprovable claim is "If you told that to today's youth they wouldn't believe you."

So:
When I was young, I had to walk ten miles upslopes in snow just to get to school.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.” Charles Darwin

Offline Guillermo

• Frequent Poster
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Re: Four Yorkshiremen
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 01:40:48 PM »
Well, you are lucky you had a school to go to. When I was young we walked 15 miles through swamps to get our education from an old lady in a rickety farm.
"There will one day be a member named "No Lynch" and he won't be able to play mafia.  :P"

Offline Morvis13

• Big Ol' Goober
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • Natural Source of Paranoia
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 01:44:02 PM »
You were lucky to have swamps and farms! I had a to go through the frozen arctic to learn fishing from Nanuck who only knew the 17 words for snow.
Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
Morvis' Law: Anything that does go wrong is my fault.

Offline Citizen Skeptic

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Vote for Jill Stein.
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 03:06:30 PM »
psssst. they blew a hole in our garage during the revolution, took everything we had, and chased us out of the country.

then when we moved to the US, we moved wichita, kansas and i had to walk to school in freaking snow blizzards.
Stay thirsty for knowledge my friends.
--The most interesting man in the world

personate-rain