Author Topic: Help me design a scavenger hunt for Christmas  (Read 1145 times)

Offline alexbutterfield

• Frequent Poster
  • Wins with Town
Help me design a scavenger hunt for Christmas
« on: December 07, 2011, 01:49:08 PM »
I'm looking for ideas, not a big commitment or anything.

I live in CA. My Parents, siblings and their kids are all in Yorkshire, England. And I don't have the money to send them all gifts, and it's more my style to do something a bit different. So I want to make a present that they can enjoy, design a scavenger hunt.

It ultimately has to lea to something, and I'm thinking that could be some kind of physical gift for my two nieces. 7 & 4 yr olds. But to getting that they have to solve a series of puzzles.

The puzzles have to be info based, as I can't rely on sending physical things there. So partly doing the game online is fine but I want to take it into the real world too.

For example. I could create a series of screenshots from a movie so that they have to watch the movie and find what words are aid at that exact screenshot. And that would lead them to the next puzzle.

Ideas for puzzles or tools

YouTube videos.
Hidden message in a movie
Photomontage with hidden clues (or something the kids could do too, like find the hidden letters in a digital photo album then put them together)

If I can tie it into some real world thing so they have to take a day out somewhere nice that's be cool too.

Any thoughts?

Offline Anachronism

• Sudo believe my RC
  • Well Established
  • Posts only in mafia games
Re: Help me design a scavenger hunt for Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 03:09:05 PM »

Offline Guillermo

• Frequent Poster
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
"There will one day be a member named "No Lynch" and he won't be able to play mafia.  :P"

Offline Drunken Idaho

• Natural Blonde
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • Comrade Questions
Re: Help me design a scavenger hunt for Christmas
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 04:34:49 PM »
Cool idea!

You could purchase gifts online and have them held at a store near where they live, having the final clue lead them there.

Video clues could give them the letters in the name of the store?
Strange women lying in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government.

personate-rain